Just set up my beamax screen

Captain Benefit said:
Hi,

Hung my BEAMAX manual 16:9 screen today. Purchased it from www.discounttv.co.uk for a great price.

Screen is superb. I recommend BEAMAX :smashin:

Cheers,

Cap :hiya:

got my one, but havent hung it up yet. my hs50 is arriving monday so cant wait :D

thank god my landlord is the helpful type :)

Is it a fixed frame or pull down?

pull down. bit awkward since i cant attach it normally. some figuring out to do to get this up

What is the width of the Beamax screen housing?

I have maximum diagonal space of 80". I want to know the max size screen I can get in it.

Thanks.

just measured mine for you and the entire width is 8 foot 2 inches

hi capt.
which beamax screen did you get?
i'm awaiting delivery of my 106" beamax R-series in black.
was wondering if anyone has one of these already and if so could they tell me what they're like???
paul

tomos said:
just measured mine for you and the entire width is 8 foot 2 inches

thx I guess I need the Beamax R-Black 100228 (77inch) Screen to allow for the frame/casing

Actually it is being returned. The housing is/was damaged and now the screen in finally up and in use, I cannot get it to retract....

Very odd :(

Have spoken to discounttv and I am returning it as best I can in exchange for a credit note as moving in three weeks so not bothered about either fixing a new screen up or storing it until move is complete.

Seriously I have tried to retract it for hours and it simply wont go back up!!!

ooo eer missus :devil:

Picture does not quite highlight damage and problem, which I think has upset the roller/mechanism.

Cap :)

i feel for you capt.
i too received a damaged beamax screen but i've since re-ordered another one with delivery direct from beamax so hoping that'll sort out the possibility of damage from city link.....
many thanks to discounttv and beamax for coming to a better solution.....(hopefully).

Yep, top service from Pamela and benji. Really appreciate it, hence why my custom stays with them when changing the screen.

However, City Link are a nightmare. Have had so many bad experiences with this carrier.

Captain Benefit.

Captain Benefit said:
Yep, top service from Pamela and benji. Really appreciate it, hence why my custom stays with them when changing the screen.

However, City Link are a nightmare. Have had so many bad experiences with this carrier.

Captain Benefit.

mine was delivered direct from them and it arrived dent free :D

Captain Benefit said:
Actually it is being returned. The housing is/was damaged and now the screen in finally up and in use, I cannot get it to retract....

Very odd :(

Have spoken to discounttv and I am returning it as best I can in exchange for a credit note as moving in three weeks so not bothered about either fixing a new screen up or storing it until move is complete.

Seriously I have tried to retract it for hours and it simply wont go back up!!!

ooo eer missus :devil:

Picture does not quite highlight damage and problem, which I think has upset the roller/mechanism.

Cap :)

Damn cannot get mine to go up either !

Must be a manufacture fault !

hi
interested in the beamax screen was wondering whether there are any fixing rings at the ends as i wish to hang mine from ceiling hooks so can be taken down when not in use. pretty sure the orays have them but not sure of the r-black
cheers pete

Hi mate,

Cannot reply to this as went for a fixed screen as a replacement and then my bloody landlord decided to sell the flat....

However, from recollection, there are ceiling hooks.

Pete.

The R - Black does have ends for fixing hooks and hanging from a ceiling as well as the option to screw into a wall ( i couldn't do either so ended up cutting the screen from the metal casing and attaching to the wall a different way and it works superbly and i'm well pleased with the picture )

The one i got is a 106inch inch model and is extremely long and heavy so bear that in mind when it arrives if you buy it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom