1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just sent back my 50wt29b what now ?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by jumbopants, Dec 8, 2003.

1. jumbopants

jumbopants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Toshiba have just collected my 50wt29b today and I'm getting a full refund due to a fault, need to buy a new set and want to stick with toshiba, also gona get a smaller set around 42", Toshiba new range has 3 sets which one is the best to go for ? I like the 42wh38p as I don't have a seperate dd decoder but I don't think this has progressive scan, then there is the 42pw33 which as far as I can see has neither, and last is the 42wh36 which has progressive scan but no surround sound, I was very happy with the sound on the 50wt29b so the 42wh38p will be my first choice if someone says they are happy with it ?, this tv will be in my main living room so has got to look good and not like dixons with extra speaker everywhere otherwise my girlfriend will go crazy, Has anyone purchased the 42wh38p from currys ? and are they happy with it ? Also would the progressive scan set 42wh36 be of that much better picture quality in order for me to sacrifice the 5.1 of the 42wh38p for currys ? Many thanks for any replys.

2. valmiki

valmiki
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    buy the 42wh36, and with the money saved buy a separate surround sound system. it'll sound better, look better and there'll be no problems if you want to upgrade/change the tv in the future.

but then i've got a 42wh36 so I am a little biased...

3. jumbopants

jumbopants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    cheers for the advice, how happy are you with the picture on your new set ? The 50wt29b was ok as long as you sat infront of the set, If I was sat off centre the picture clarity/brightness would change quite a bit, something that I did not realise with rear projection, also the burn that you can get on the screen if you have something on there for to long ? this is crazy as most sky chanells have the name MTV etc on the screen all the time !! Can anyone suggest a good surround system ?? If it has dvd it needs to play svcd/dvd as alot of the film I watch I've dowloaded off the net. Plus as the set is progressive scan do I need to change my toshiba dvd in order to get the best out the tv to a progessive scan player or will my existing player be just as good ?