Just seen XXX

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by monkeyleader, Oct 19, 2002.

1. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Really enjoyed the movie and came straight home and ordered the dvd ... the avalanche scene was awsome ... a real action packed 2 hours ... well worth going to see if you havent already ...

cheers,

monkey

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    strange........ a total disagreement with the last guy who told us about it! Some people seem to love, others totally hate!

ad

3. jonnyv

jonnyv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    I saw it last night. I think its ok, its a popcorn and beer movie. Vin Diesels acting is terrible, as for watching it again or buying it on dvd...NO WAY !

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will this fall into the two camps category? People seem to either love or hate the Fast & the Furious with him in too. (Which I thought was b***** awful).

5. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    I find it funny that so many people have said they dont like this movie. Its an american bond movie and unless im mistaken bond is many peoples favourite filims ...

does anyone know if he did any of his own stunts ?

6. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +238
    I was watching a thing on MTV about it yesterday and the way he was speaking on that he did most of them himself. Vin had a few months intensive training befores shooting and even trained with Navy seals. Although he admitted most of the time he was conected to a wire.

7. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just back from watching this now.

Without a doubt, XXX is the most OTT action movie I've ever seen. Stunts and camera shots were amazing but laughable at the same time. I found it enjoyable though. Very light-hearted and if you don't take it seriously it's a fun 2hrs. The phrase "it was so bad it was good" comes to mind.

One standout scene was the Avalanche - brilliantly filmed from start to finish and the subwoofer sound was great thoughout.

I wouldn't really compare it to Bond because I think Bond films died out a long time ago. They just don't have the appeal, the story or the attraction any more. The World is Not Enough was possible the worst film I've ever seen.

8. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i have only seen clips, but i cant imagine vin diesel could do a bond. Bond is supposed to be smooth, discreete, suave.....vin diesel isnt any of those. He is big and brash and you could see him coming from a mile off! Hardly spy material!

ad

9. zoolap

zoolap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Fast and The Furry Ass - Awful
    Pitch Black - Boring, might as well go back and watch Alien on DVD, though Diesel's character was the one thing in this movie that actually worked.

As for Diesel's acting - it's not great, but compared to Van Dumm or Mr. Wooden Spoon Steven Seagull not that bad.

10. Boink!

Boink!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    What he said.

Felt like an modern day Commando -era Arnie flik.

Boink!

11. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    commando is a classic! :p

ad

12. Sly

Sly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    has anyone noticed something about films like this though.......................is that they have repeat view ability!
    some films you can remember ever little detail because it was so well written,acted and directed that it sticks in your head and you almost don't want to watch them again cus you can remember them so well.
    but a popcorn movie because of their very nature you can watch them time and time again!

or is it that i just like crap?

:confused:

13. zoolap

zoolap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Saw XXX on Tuesday - what a load of PAP. I understand about popcorn action being rewatchable, but this was just boring. When I watch something like Face Off, The Rock, and most of all the classic popcorn like Die Hard etc I remember enjoying the action sequences. During most of XXXs action sequences I remember just being bored.

A while ago I watched John Woos "Hard Boiled" on an old recording from Sky - poor quality vhs with dubbing (i'm a sub person). I wasn't expecting much. It was over the top violent action, a bit wacky in a way, but great fun to watch and despite the lower budget I think it puts most modern holywood action films to shame. I would love a company like Hong Kong Legends to get hold of it, but what I hear is that the available versions on DVD are not that good from different company.

14. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i tend to think like sly..... sometimes the worst movies are great to watch over. 6th sense is a great film, much better than most of the action films, but its no good second time round!

ad

15. Drax

Drax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Now if a film ever deserved 'Crap' monicker - Face/Off is it ! - a disgrace , just remembering those speeded up boat scenes at the end, even worse than Arnie speeded up accelerating in the storm drain sequence in T2. Face/Off joins Broken Arrow as another John Woo nightmare, however Hard Boiled is cracking stuff !

drax

16. Andy_stook_2k

Andy_stook_2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is without question the worst film I have seen in years.
    Total and utter rubbish. I enjoyed Fast and Furious, so thought this would be similar, how wrong I was. The plot was a joke and the active was dire, AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

17. Matinee

Matinee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It was ok in a 'switch your brain off for a couple of hours' way, but really the plot wasnt up to much, Vin Deisel's character was remarkably stupid and the stunts were too unbelievable.

I cant understand why people liked the avalance sequence - the computer graphics are the worst I've seen for a long time.

It's Bond for the MTV generation; they even took a swipe at Bond at the beginning of the film, and then failed to match up to any Bond film to date.

PK