just seen xxx:vin diesel

M

mr chadwick

what a load of crap!!!

very poor in every area,wooden acting or what.also sam jackson looks a lot like yaphet kotto in this.:eek:

Not seen this film yet, but oh God it doesn't sound too promising now!

Please, if anyone else has seen it leave your comments.

Rent it on video. Basic film but does not really have the impact. Shame as Vin Diesel was good in his older films up to and including Pitch Black, and was very good in The Fast and the Furious. Wonder how El Diablo will be??

whats the story?

ad

Was there any good acting in Fast & Furious ??

I loved the film, but not becuase of the acting or story line, but it was for the CARS , CARS, STUNTS !!!

Oh, did I mention the FAST cars and stunts !

Originally posted by andypandy
Was there any good acting in Fast & Furious ??

I loved the film, but not becuase of the acting or story line, but it was for the CARS , CARS, STUNTS !!!

Oh, did I mention the FAST cars and stunts !

I agree..... fast and furious was nothing more than a fast loud ride, nothing intelligent in it. Everyone slates that kind of film, then they buy it because the sound and picture is amazing and it is such mindless fun.

Then again, i dont know that XXX comes into that category!

Ad

Normally the trailer makers can make any film look great but the trailer for this looks terrible. Maybe I am just getting old but I cannot stand films like this and Fast and the Furious. I need to see people acting and good stories, not perfectly setup set pieces and non-stop action. Bah humbug.

What did you expect? If it looks **** then it must be ****.

....how could anyone expect anything half decent from XXX? The trailer sucked ass.

If you like cars go rent a Jeremy Clarkson video, but please - stop perppetuating this mindless **** (thats right - mindless #!£@) and give decent films a chance to breathe.

I'm not against action films, but do they have to be retarded. Bourne Identity wasnt a great film but the action was good and it tried hard in all other areas of the film.

Vin Deisel says he wont be returning for fast and the furious 2 because he has integrity as an actor, I think its too late to claim that pal - Coparzo in Saving Private Ryan was your last decent role...98?

What about pitch black? or was it previous.

I dont think vin diesel will ever be a good actor, i will never take him seriously. But he is capable of entertaining

ad

seen enough Vin Diesel films otherwise you would not be spouting this drivel. I thought Fast and the Furious was a great film as it was relatively an unknown film and did not give you alot of hype to live up to. It does what it said on the tin, Action film. I watch a whole range of films for a whole range of reasons. I even watch Asian films with the subtitles and they are far better at making in depth story filled films. But F&TF was simply like XXX an action film, you dont like it then fine, but to slate Vin Diesels acting abilities on these two/three films is dumb. I did however feel that XXX was on the other hand overhyped with a dodgy ending. It was an action film which never really gripped me at any point. I only say this I have seen some of his more in depth acting role movies before Pitch Black etc.

Why does the fact that FatF had no hype make it a good film. Hype and a film are mutually exclusive. The film remains the same, no matter what the hype.

Pitch black was an in depth action role? The only reason that film gained any noteriety was its budget and its disregard for a traditional hero figure. But the screenplay was too stupid for it to give its original assets any prominance.

I'll say again, the only film where Vin D put in a decent performance was Saving Private Ryan and he hasnt done many other films. The Knock around Guys trailer looks like he's playing similar characters all over again.

Indiana Jones. Again - Indiana Jones. The Indy trilogies contain some of the best most exciting action sequences in film history. But they worked because all other areas of the film were equal to the action (which I should add was created without the use of moder day CGI). Harison Ford didnt need huge muscles, or drive sports cars to be a good action hero, he was a good actor with character.
I love those films they are everything that most modern action/adventure films are not. XXX and FatF are just insulting wastes of space trying to make a quick buck.

To my taste, a good 75% of films are total nonsense. But note that is to MY taste. There are people who are not interested in an intelligent plot, they dont care if it is romantic, all they want are fast cars, explosions and semi naked women (which lets face it is most of us! ;)). To not have films like FatF would mean that there is a whole segment of the film loving population who are missing out. Just bcause they like films which are, to your and my tastes, stupid, doesnt mean they are any less of film fans than we.

i think there is a place for everything, actors like vin diesel will entertain a great many. for the others, there are plenty of other films!

Ad

Hey I like a good action film too but its occuring to me lately that people arent even trying. I love watching the Mummy. Its not a very good film, its just a bit of fun made with good intentions. I'm not a film snob, I like good films but there have been too many times where excellent films have been kicked out of the box office and public view for the sake of mindless girls in bikin's, fast cars, and guns. See the latest article in EMpire about films which haven't made it to the UK. The Royal Tenebaums is brilliant but wasnt in either of my local 9 screen cinemas. Donnie Darko hasnt even come here yet and its brilliant. The Man who wasnt there was seen by 10 people here. I guess the key is that they didnt have Judi Dench in them?

Dont pass this entirely down to opinion. I watch a lot of films, some I dont even like that much but am willing to admit their brilliance (such as Mulholland Drv). Likewise, some films I really enjoy but I'm willing to admit they're not great films. Films are more than just entertainment, and real film fans (TM) will recognise that.

Originally posted by eli_cash
Hey I like a good action film too but its occuring to me lately that people arent even trying. I love watching the Mummy. Its not a very good film, its just a bit of fun made with good intentions. I'm not a film snob, I like good films but there have been too many times where excellent films have been kicked out of the box office and public view for the sake of mindless girls in bikin's, fast cars, and guns. See the latest article in EMpire about films which haven't made it to the UK. The Royal Tenebaums is brilliant but wasnt in either of my local 9 screen cinemas. Donnie Darko hasnt even come here yet and its brilliant. The Man who wasnt there was seen by 10 people here. I guess the key is that they didnt have Judi Dench in them?

Dont pass this entirely down to opinion. I watch a lot of films, some I dont even like that much but am willing to admit their brilliance (such as Mulholland Drv). Likewise, some films I really enjoy but I'm willing to admit they're not great films. Films are more than just entertainment, and real film fans (TM) will recognise that.

I think i may have judged you incorrectly, i apologise.

I think you are right to an extent. The box office seems to be increasingly aimed at youth. Thus the same group tend to influenece the majority view. This is without doubt the case in the cinema, i hazard to guess that the majority of cinema goers are going to be after action or girls in bikinis ;) simply because thats what that age range goes for. The knock on effect is that it is, as you said, easy to make a quick buck with a poor film which has those ingredients. When i consider it, that bodes badly for the future because the market will tend towards this.

So what im realy trying to say is that we should al give kids less pocket money so that they stop ruining the ratings! :D

ad

You're right. And whats even more frustrating is that I'm 18 years old. Its just sad to see what has happened to the music industry is gradually happening to the film industry.

eli.......

I had you down as a grumpy old member like...... well there are lots of them! :D

I pay no attention to music these days. If i happen to hear something i like, i buy it, but i never ever listen to chart stuff! I buy my dvd's mainly on the recommendations of views in here..... the views of our members are generally less clouded than those of the general public!

ad

Just to satisfy, i changed it. But everyone knows that forum members are not members of the public, rather strange beings who have superior viewing abilities but an insatiable thirst for upgrades! :D

ad

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom