Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Just seen Underworld

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by popeye, Sep 20, 2003.

1. popeye

popeye
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does a full out war between Vampires and Werewolfs interest you?, if so you might want to consider seeing this fim!
    Kate Beckinsale is cast as a vampire warrior whos job it is to slay the nesty werewolfs. Wearing trousers so tight you couldn't fit a raffle ticket in them and packing two big guns she gives Carrie- Anne Moss (Trinity) a run for her money in this all out action/horror flick. The films is very dark and moody and shot in stylized seepie colours, apart from the rich red blood scenes and there's plenty of em.
    It's really the Matrix meets Blade, but not really in the same class, however it's still a good pop corn flick.
    I'm looking forward to the dvd release. The soundtrack is thounderous with loads of gun fire and snarling teeth. Lets hope we get a good DTS track!

popeye:smashin:

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    but she got herself digitally enhanced!! it wasnt like she needs it!

ad

3. Bursar

Bursar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    I was interested in seeing this when I'd just seen the trailer for it. I too thought Blade meets Matrix - must be alright for a couple of hours of action.

Unfortunately I saw it being reviewed on Film 2003 (I think - the one with Jonathan Ross).

The extra clips they showed put me right off. Kates voice just didn't cut it for me and put me right off. If she was playing a Trinity type character in the film, to someone else's Neo type character, it might have helped.

But with her in the leading role, I don't think I could stand to watch it.

I'll probably check out the DVD when it gets released (rental first - purchase later if it turns out to be OK), but I won't paying to go see it in the cinema.

4. rosemanbridge

rosemanbridge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    She was on the Jonathon Ross show his week. She's a right drip and belongs on daytime soap. Still, the Yanks must like her....

5. popeye

popeye
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just read Matthew Bond's review of this movie in The Mail.
    He obviously wasn't too fond of the fim and stated that Underworld was that bad it made the second class Blade films look quite good! Come on Matthew it wasn't that bad and to call Blade second class is unforgivable.
    He also stated that Beckinsale had no sex appeal. Well again I'd have to disagree, she did it for me!!! Must of been that PVC outfit!

popeye

6. Sly

Sly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    POSSIBLE SPOILER!!!!

just a quick question popeye....

>at the end of the film the blood of the doctor lychan is the blood that wakes up (marcus?) the vampire , so does that mean he will be a half breed as well?<

enjoyed the film but thought the end was possibly a bit weak?

worth a dvd buy though!

7. popeye

popeye
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sly

I don't think so, the doctors charactor was just a normal lychan. Scot speedman's blood was unique, and he was bitten by both species. Who knows?, anything can happen in these fantasy movies.
    What's interesting is that the end of the film sets up a possible sequel with Selene (Beckinsale) the lovely death dealer stating in the narration that she would become the hunted instead of the hunter!
    In truth the storey of forbiddon love has been done countless times before, but this time it's between two species, which are supose to be at war. Great stuff!!!!!

popeye

8. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +850
    Cheers sly and popeye. You're supposed to make spoilers in white text, numbnuts ;)

P.S. kate beckinsale in unbelieveably gorgeous. Anyone see her in "Haunted"???? I rest my case

9. alle v

alle v
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...Great action flick and definitely a DVD purchase.

10. Sly

Sly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Dear Games Guru,
    thanks for your heads up regarding spoilers , unfortunaty i had only read the sticky after making the post.
    yours faithfully,
    numbnuts.
    :p