Just seen: Thunderbirds Vol. 1 & 2 (R4 DVD)

Reiner

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Never seen it on TV but I thought I would like it - and it turned out I do.
The R4 release contains four episodes on one DVD and comes with a Dolby Digital 5.1 mix but which rather disappoints.
Actually I think it's rather 5.0 but I will need to check this - so far I was busy enjoying the marvellous supermarionation and detailed miniature landscapes.
The picture isn't that good either but then again for a movie made in '65 it's more than acceptable and I would not expect much more.
If you are a fan of Thunderbirds or you are still a kid like me you must have it!

6 (Vol. 3 - 8) more DVDs to come .... :)

Originally posted by Reiner:
<STRONG>Never seen it on TV but I thought I would like it - and it turned out I do.
The R4 release contains four episodes on one DVD and comes with a Dolby Digital 5.1 mix but which rather disappoints.
Actually I think it's rather 5.0 but I will need to check this - so far I was busy enjoying the marvellous supermarionation and detailed miniature landscapes.
The picture isn't that good either but then again for a movie made in '65 it's more than acceptable and I would not expect much more.
If you are a fan of Thunderbirds or you are still a kid like me you must have it!

6 (Vol. 3 - 8) more DVDs to come .... :)</STRONG>

Totally agree... (well, almost totally ;))

A bit surprised by your comments about the sound. Do you mean the bass seems a bit subdued to you? I had to turn my subs down at times! (R2 boxed set)

[ 09-04-2001: Message edited by: Confucius ]

Yep, I think my sub actually kept quiet. Need to see if it really did - perhaps I forgot to switch it on!?
Will let you know in a couple of days ...

The R2 and R4 versions come from different masters.

The R4 versions may have been sourced from a US master as the episodes look like they are in the US order.

UK set has loads of bass, especially when Thunderbird 2 takes off

Just checked, the LFE is indeed there.

Conclusion: I must have left the sub "off" when watching it last time ... stupid me. ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom