Just seen: Three Kings (R3/NTSC)

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Reiner, Jul 1, 2001.

1. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    My second "risk-buy" besides 'Space Cowboys' (see the other post) as Warner had some titles on offer here (original R3 @ RM60-80 per DVD) I could somehow not get to like this movie.
    Ocassionally funny but then again sometimes too violent and showing bad taste and the story wasn't that good either, picture and sound ok only.

Not to my liking then, therefore only:

** out of 5

2. swartzy

swartzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +697
    Hey Reiner,
    I would put this one as being a "Turkey".
    Couple of good action sequences but thought the storyline dragged quite a bit.Somehow I am not entirely convinced on George Clooney carrying a film but this is only a personal opinion as there may be a lot of fans out there.Agree Reiner 2 out of 5 for me too....

:)swartzy :)

3. SagaLout

SagaLout

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    4/5 for me. I dont think its really meant to be an action film as such, more a look at the contradictions of war in general and the gulf war in particular. Some of the individual scenes were very original, eg. the 'internal' bullet shot. Also, the way the image is presented reaaly gets the heat over to the viewer more than any other desert film I have seen.

4. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    That 'internal bullet' shot is one of those which I didn't really need to see, somewhat disguisting to me.
    And it didn't (IMHO) make a good (anti-)war movie either, there are much better ones around.

As for "desert films" I rekon 'Dune' then ... :D

5. Ars longa, vita brevis

Ars longa, vita brevis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try watching it again in a few months.

i wasrather underwhelmed at first when i got it, as it was my first r1 purchase. Having watched it again, however i did enjoy it more. It was the same with Heat.

of course maybe you will not like it at all and should trade her in, but i would suggest re-viewing it in a little while once you have forgotten some of it.