1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just seen: The Transporter

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Reiner, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Was looking forward to that one though I coulnd't figure who the lead actor was. Looked somewhat familiar but I just couldn't place him - but I am sure you guys know. Well, I admit I looked it up at IMDB and it's Jason Statham who played 'Turkish' in "Snatch" (which I quite liked).

Anyhow, it's immediately appearant that this movie isn't to be taken to serious. Jason plays "The Transporter", a guy who - well - transports things for thugs- but never break the rules!
    Unfortunately he does himselfs just that and opens 'the package', finding a Chinese girl portrayed by Hsu Qi inside.
    She does what she does best (which is taking her clothes off), else her performance is not worth mentioning.

Jason's martial arts skills look quite impressive but the cut is too fast to follow at times. As well some of the stunts are a bit too Jackie Chan like, thus my above comment it's not to be taken seriously. In fact most action sequences are OTT.

The entire movie is set in southern France and starts off with a car chase, but can't really reach the levels and excitment of what we have seen in Ronin. And cars still explode on impact during a crash. Oh well ....

The rest of the movie is pretty much standard fare, good guy chases bad guys, does a couple of stunts etc. until the rather lame end. However some good jokes are thrown in for a good laugh from time to time.

Personally I think Jason's talent has been wasted a bit here though I would rekon he got some talent, perhaps make a possible candidate for a future James Bond!?

To cut a long story short: * * * 1/2 out of 5