• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Just seen the 'new' Pioneer 436XDE ........

Dipman

Standard Member
Just seen the 'new' version of this screen today, the one without the media box. It also has the speakers under the screen. Noticed it only has 1 HDMI port though!. BUT it was only £2k. Is the cost saving worth the loss of the media box and the extra HDMI ports or should I go for the 'old' model?

Trimmy

Standard Member
Dipman said:
Just seen the 'new' version of this screen today, the one without the media box. It also has the speakers under the screen. Noticed it only has 1 HDMI port though!. BUT it was only £2k. Is the cost saving worth the loss of the media box and the extra HDMI ports or should I go for the 'old' model?
The xde is still the top model, the sxe/rxe are exactly the same screen but don't have as many extras. It depends what you want or think you will need for upgrading or wether you're m wall mounting etc. I was all set to go for the sxe but got a pv500 matched at JL for £2000 with cab which will do me just fine for a while.:thumbsup:

Dom996

Established Member
2 or more would of course be better. However many new AV amps have multiple HDMI inputs and if not there are little standalone HDMI switchers from the likes of QED etc.

Bacus

Distinguished Member
Dipman said:
Just wondering if 1 HDMI will be enough?
go for the 436xde with media box !! Had mine a few days now and its great !! media box sits on av stand with all cables from all other av gear going into it. You cant see any wires from 2xDVD players + sky + amp + vodeo. The only cable is the one from the media box to the screen !! The new model will be a differant story with every input having to be connected to the screen....wires every where !!!! And the bonus of 2x HDMI...... Stunned by it :rotfl: :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom