1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just seen: The Long Kiss Goodnight (DVD R1)

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Reiner, Feb 23, 2001.

1. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Wow, I am impressed with the above DVD. Though not the best or latest flick (not that old either) it has excellent picture quality and sound effects - and the LFE knocked me off the couch, had to tame it down quite a bit!

No extras which are worth mentioning, but if you have seen the movie and were not sure if the DVD is ok or not - now you know ...

------------------
    If I can't eat it, drink it or fudge it, I ain't interested.

2. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I replaced the sh*t EIV version with the R1 version ages ago and was also very impressed - the bass is amazing, the bridge explosion at the end is awesome, I was smiling [​IMG]

------------------
    Tee

http://www.electronicreality.co.uk

3. bradavon

bradavon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am not surprised you exchanged it. Why are we Region 2 users stuck with the awful Entertainment in Video.

Most of there DVD's have virtually no extras to speak of and are rubbish picture quality.

Look at U-571 on Region 1 great 2:35:1 aspect ratio the region 2 version was CROPPED down to 1:85:1. Why???

Also why do all the designs for there cases looks dreadful. You get a rubbish photo on the front and the back is splatted from top to bottom in quotes from the Daily Star etc...

They have to be the worst Video Distributor in the UK.

4. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,150
    I just don't bother with region2 any more.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mr.D. I agree

6. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I must admit to being a fan of loud, brash, Harlin films and I think this one is an underrated nugget.

Still if you like this track you really should track down Cutthroat Island DTS. The DD5.1 version has a superb track but the DTS is another room ripper...

Also for the best Video version of Long Kiss Goodnight the R4 is pretty sweet [​IMG]

------------------
    Webmaster,
    Bullets n Babes DVDs

7. Mike Dando

Mike Dando

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the R2 pro-logic version and I was still very impressed with the sound.

I think this is a great film. I would consider getting the DD version but my copy only cost me £9 at Tesco at xmas.

8. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    What is the film actually like though? I've heard that it isn't up to much, but that soundtrack is tempting.... [​IMG]

BTW, any word on when you're gonna get some of those Japanese DTS titles reviewed on your site?

------------------
    Tee

http://www.electronicreality.co.uk

9. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tee, the movie is shall we say an acquired taste. Its notable in that the UK is extensively cut for violence. Personally I think its a bit of a romp and if you can enjoy Geena Davis in Long Kiss Goodnight you can enjoy here in this.

As for the DTS reviews I'm getting there, just that reviews of Cheap Killers, Big Bullet, Dragon Lord and Hard Target are in the way.

------------------
    Webmaster,
    Bullets n Babes DVDs