1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Seen: The Corporation

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Gary D, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    One of the most scary films i've ever seen. its a it slow to start but once it gets going it makes you want to weep.

a couple of points

1. the origin of FANTA orange. made so Coca Cola could still operate in Nazi Germany during the WW2

2. Who supplied the machines for orgainising and catologing the holocaust? IBM!!! (and they made a profit!!!)

its a great doc, but if your as cynical as i am it doesnt help your world view.

get to see it if you can.

Gary

http://www.thecorporation.tv/

2. Ian182

Ian182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    I've just ordered this, based on Gary's post, and the review in this month's
    DVD Review - sounds like my kinda thing.

Have you managed to trawl your way through disk 2 yet Gary ? Apparently there's approx 5 hours of "extra" interviews on there ! :eek:

Ian.

3. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,180
    The whole fanta thing is not that sinister . Coca cola stopped producing in Germany mainly because they could not obtain enough ingredients during the war ( America was not in the war at this point). Coca Cola ordered the german factories to shut up shop and assumed it would never see hide nor hair of the german section ever again , they wrote them off effectively.

The guy in charge of the German company decided to try and keep people employed ( people in Germany were suffering quite nasty deprivations at this point) and invented Fanta from ingredients that were available. Its reckoned he kept quite a few civiliians alive by giving them a source of income. teh recipe for fanta varied depending on what they could get ahold of.

At the end of the war he returned all the factories and proceeds back to Coca Cola who had been unable to have any communication with the German section during this time.

Not really a Nazi connection just a bunch of people in Germany trying to survive.