1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just seen @ the cinema: MiB II

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Reiner, Jul 29, 2002.

1. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    To cut a long story short: disappointing, really disappointing.

As much as I would have like it to be a good movie (and funny for that matter) it turned out to be a a rather bad movie.
    Even the lead actors didn't manage to save the day - Tommy Lee Jones looked pretty old (and acted accordingly) and even Will Smith didn't seem to enjoy himself.
    As expected the movie used lot's of CGI and though not real bad it wasn't anything great or impressive either; just lot's of different aliens thrown around.

Best part however: Frank the Dog singing "I will survive" ... :D

But no one in the cinema was laughing at any time - sure, some jokes made you smile but that was about it.
    No real fun or witt like in the first part which I loved. :(

That said I can't help not to recommend this movie: * * 1/2 out of 5

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That was in the trailer wasn't it? That means I've already seen all of MiB 2 that's worth seeing :D

I thought the first one was pretty entertaining (nothing outstanding though). Looks like I should give this one a miss though :rolleyes:

3. Rachael Bitchlist

Rachael Bitchlist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    It's hard to believe they couldn't/didn't come up with a better way to end it. If the ending had been atleast a tiny bit clever it could up pulled up the show a notch or two. It ended so abruptly. It left m saying, "is that all there is?" I wasn't thrilled about STACK OF CLONES but it looks pretty good next to MIB-2. MIB is the biggst disappointment of the summer so far, for me....

4. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Was looking forward to this above all others this year, MiB being one of my top 20 at least - maybe top 10.

I felt it was aimed too much at kiddies (Frank the dog I'm afraid). Hugely annoyed that the Ford 'P.O.S.' was replaced by a Merc - nothing against Mercs of course - fine cars - but the Ford's better suited that 'Q-Car' image - much more incongruous too, with the notion of a high tech set of wheels - which added to the comedy of the original. No Elvis either :(

I'd give it 6 1/2 out of 10.

Along with the movie came the trailer for Sum of All Fears:

Another Clancy novel torn to shreds & re-written for the PC crowd :rolleyes:

5. MonkeyDonkey

MonkeyDonkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I saw it last night. Whilst there were some funny moments (when Will Smith is stuck on that plastic tubing trying to get off, lol.)
    I was a little disappointed. But then again I've never seen the first MIB so I wasn't too sure what to expect.

6. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
  7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought Men in Black 1 was a load of c**p, so I doubt very much if I'll be going to see this one!!

8. stealther

stealther

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Ive just come back from New York and I sore Bourne Identity while I was over their along with Bad Company Both are excellant films. Far better then MIB 2 which I sore last night and was bitterly disapointed with when will Hollywood learn that CGi monsters are neither scary or convincing.

9. kevb

kevb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    How fit does lara flynn boyle look. I had to scrape my tounge off the floor.

10. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Pretty much everything Reiner said at the start of this piece,just really disapointed :( can`t really expand on something so worthless,and I don`t say that lightly.

11. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Although I agree mostly with Reiner, I have to admit I did enjoy it quite a bit,.. no, nobody was rolling in the aisles its true & yes Frank the dog had all the best lines, but I'd give it an 8 I think. :p

12. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,555
    Really dissapointing,The jonny Knoxville character was relly bad,the extra head he has looked real bad and he just dissapeared from the movie,can anyone tell me what happened to him because i must of missed it,one minute hes there then gone!!!!!!?????? Oh well bring on the two towers.....

13. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    ... but I'd give it an 8 I think

Out of 100? :D

How fit does lara flynn boyle look. I had to scrape my tounge off the floor.

Fit? She is sooooo skinny - yuk. And didn't fit into the movie either - IMHO.

14. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Fully agree Reiner,She was way to thin,and those boobs pushed up so high as to give her some kind of cleavage,don`t bother/false advertising/not nice.
    And the Knoxville character was just plain stupid,I mean I love Jackass,but as Furious points out the effects were crap,and hell yeah where did he go? :rolleyes:
    And don`t even get me started on what the hell was Jacko doing in this :confused:

15. kevb

kevb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Oh well more for me then. I certainly would not kick her out of bed for farting.:D I must just be attracted to skinny tarty looking women.

I wonder what happened when I met the wife as she is neither.:eek: