Just seen @ the cinema: Insomnia

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Reiner, Jun 24, 2002.

1. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Al Pacino stars as the big city cop send to Alaska to assist the local police in a teen murder investigation which possibly could be the beginning of a series of killings.
    The movie is straight foward from the beginning, you will immediately know who is the good and the bad guy. Thus I won't give too much away when I tell you who did it, the trailer actually showed this as well.
    That said the story isn't about finding out who did it and why, but rather a cat and mouse game between the cop and the killer with a couple of twists until the not-so-happy end.

It's more thriller instead of action and character driven rather than relying on special effects or computer graphics (IMHO none were used), with some beautiful scenery though I think it was actually filmed in Canada and not Alaska itself.

I think Al Pacino is great as the cop who can't find sleep (hence the title) and even many may find the idea of Robin Williams as a killer rather strange but I think he did a good job at it as not all is as it seems. To find out more you just have to go and see the movie. ;)
    Hilary S**** acts as the local but not stupid assistant who admires the "big city cop".

Nice one: * * * * 1/2 out of 5

2. lechacal

lechacal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Glad to hear you rate it. I've been looking forward to this since I first heard about it in preproduction.

First saw Memento at the cinema, and I haven't seen a better film since. I was a bit worried that working in Hollywood with a budget would spoil things, but I can't wait to see it now.