1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just seen @ the cinema: Blood Work

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Reiner, Oct 7, 2002.

1. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    "Bloodwork, what's that?", I hear you asking. It's Clint Eastwood's latest (he is the main actor and director), playing an older FBI agent who retires due to health problems after collapsing while hunting a serial killer.
    A few years later he gets a new heart and is drawn ("forced") into a murder case.
    Naturally the two cases are somewhat linked together but not in a way you may think ...

It's not an action movie but has a few cool surround effects, certainly one for the fans of intelligent thrillers.
    Though nothing really new I found it quite gripping; however I also managed to figure the whole thing myself - perhaps I am just too clever ... ;) :D
    Occassionally it's quite funny, too, and caused some good laughs in the cinema.

Anyhow, even though Clint is quite old he fits the role, supported by his partner (well, "driver") Jeff Daniels and his doc, Angelica Houston.
    As mentioned it's slow but not boring and slowly unfolds the clues in front of the viewer.

* * * * out of 5

2. browellm

browellm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi reiner, is this film based on the Michael Connelly novel of the same name?

3. mieville

mieville

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, it is based on Connellys novel. I saw this back in August
    and found it predictable but an ok watch.

Mieville