1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just seen: Terminator SE (R4)

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Reiner, Aug 28, 2001.

1. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Finally got around to watch it. As we all (don't we?) know the story I spare you that.<br />What's new however is the Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack (remix) and a 2nd disc with lot's of extras.<br />The picture quality remains grainy/noisy as with the R1 release of Terminator, especially during the dark scenes (and most of the movie plays in the dark), bright light scenes seem however to look very good, but as mentioned above they are actually very rare.

So how is the sound then? Well, don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed. The mix is actually pretty good and makes use of rear effects and LFE while somewhat maintaining the original mood of the movie.<br />Best bit is IMHO "Tech Noir" where the LFE also supports the music and bullets fly around you. As well some of the score is mixed into the rears, perhaps a better example of multichannel music than most 5.1 music DVDs.

So after all well worth having if you don't own this movie yet or you are keen on the extras or the 5.1 mix, even the picture could look better.

Picture: * * *<br />Sound: * * * *<br />Movie: * * * * *

[ 28-08-2001: Message edited by: Reiner ]</p>

2. DPS

DPS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When you say the picture is grainy like the R1 version I presume you mean the old version on R1 and not the up coming release in October.<br />I will be selling my R2 version and buying R1 when its released.Although the slight grain on the R2 disc doesnt really bother me hopefully a little bit more work has gone in to the print on the upcoming R1 disc.

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13