Just seen: Reign of Fire

Good news crazy',dragoslayer is coming out in october with a new widescreen picture,acording to the digitalbits website
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ebury, you've made my day! :clap:

It's a beautifully shot and atmospheric piece of work and I can't wait to see it in 2.35:1 again - been 22 years :eek: since I saw it in the cinema.

It's one of the few fantasy films that succeeds in creating a true sense of another time and place - a realistic dark age to place its fantasy elements in. Only perhaps Millius' Conan the Barbarian and now Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings adaptations have achieved this since, IMHO. Most other fantasy/sword & sorcery films have started out on the wrong footing, treating the material far too tongue in cheek or just going for straight pantomime - I mean, just look what they did with Dungeons & Dragons! :nono:

If anyone enjoys fantasy films and hasn't seen Dragonslayer, I'd urge them to give it a go if only to check out some of ILM's best early work on Vermithrax - a combination of full size props, puppets & Go-Motion/stop-motion effects. A wonderful creation and not a frame of CGI in sight.

There's a lovely performance by Ralph Richardson, too.

crazyhorse, if you CLICK HERE and scroll down,you will see the great new cover art
:hiya: Enjoy

Just watched it.

The usual showing-everybody-else-we-are-the best (yanks) with equipment that still around (would have been destroyed by then)

OK popcorn movie. The script should just have the humans against the dragons, not the big headed yanks stealing the show (again)

THIS MOVIE IS A GIANT STEAMING JOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AVOID

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom