1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just seen: Princess Mononoke

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Reiner, May 27, 2001.

1. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Wow, cool Anime/Manga movie! Just watched it and liked it, nice story, great picture and the 5.1 soundtrack is pretty good, too.
    Though the HCC review said the soundtrack is more stereophonic than 5.1 I tend to disagree, occasionally the LFE kicks in and the rears are often used for the score and sometimes for effects.

As with most Anime/Manga movies this is more adult orientated and even it's released by Buenavista/Disney it's surely nothing for the kids!

Highly recommended.

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Reiner,

You are soooo right! This is one hell of a movie. Now you've sdeen this, check out the following on DVD:-

Akira (R1 - released at end of July in Double DVD Tine Edition!)

Perfect Blue (R2 - excellent R2 disc, of a superb and tense psycho-thriller)

Wings Of Honneamise (R1 - superb but lengthy operatic drama about the race into Space)

Hell On Earth: The Urotsukidoji Saga (R1 - the bete-noir of Anime. Sick, disturbing, damn complex, and grotesque horror saga about three races of beings trying to destroy mankind. Worth sticking with, but not for the squeamish or easily offended. Runs to 9 hours though!)

Dominion Tank Police (R1 - hilarious comedy about an inept bunch of Japanese police officers who have tanks instead of cars!)

Bulletproof: Gunsmith Cats (R1 - superb action comedy about two teenage, female bounty hunters who cause chaos wherever they go!)

There are tons of other Anime titles available, but the above are some of the best available! Check them all out, and let me know what you think of them!

Cheers,

Pooch

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Cheers, I might check some of them out. Looking forward to the release of Akira.

I do actually own Perfect Blue (R1) already, as well Ghost in the Shell (R1), both of which I would also rate highly (again, for adults only).