1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just seen on DVD: CTHD (R1)

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Reiner, Jul 29, 2001.

1. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Well, well, well. So I finally got my R1 copy of 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon' and found some time to watch it last night.
    First I was shocked to discover that no matter what soundtrack I selected my amp remained in DPL mode. Disc problem, player kaputt or worst case, the amp faulty?
    But then I figured I had accidently switched the amp to analog input - puh - what a relief!

Anyhow, back to the movie, just one word: BEAUTIFUL! Love it!

Though the wire works are rather unusual for western audiences it didn't do the film any harm and the stunts (fighting scenes) were just awesome.
    As well the sound, especially the drums during the first fighting scene, was more than impressive. Just beautiful!
    My friend thought the movie moved to slow from action scene to action scene, but I didn't mind, the scenery made up for this and I thought it suits the movie very well.
    (If you want action only and no story watch a movie like Replacement Killers.)

Anyhow, I love this movie however I thought Zhang Ziyi stole the show from Chow Yun Fat (Anna and the King) and Michele Yeoh (James Bond), cute girl actually and good actor/fighter (but then, what do I know about that? ;) ).

So if you haven't seen it yet then it's time to get it on DVD (or at least wait for the SuperBit DVD release, but make sure you do get it!). Highly recommended.

***** out of 5 stars

2. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Surprised it took you so long to get it Reiner, bearing in mind the R3 version has been out since January.

Oh, and YES, Zhang Ziyi is a babe. ;)

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    But R3 was Mandarin only, hence I had to wait for the R1, not to mention that my supplier let me down and caused some weeks of delay. Nevermind, now I got it, like it and I am happy. :)

Anyone got her phone number by the way? :D

[ 30-07-2001: Message edited by: Reiner ]

4. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +915
    Yup, Columbia Tristar twigged that pretty quick and repressed it without the English track.

5. GarryF

GarryF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    I think the first R3 discs had English, Movietyme etc were selling it, later on the english was removed because most of the discs were being exported.

6. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Don't forget that the same what applies to R2 also applies to R3 - they differ from country to country.<br />Perhaps the R3 with the English track was from HK, here in Malaysia it only featured the Chinese soundtracks, at least I never saw or was offered one with English language, else I would surely have bought it.<br />Though R1 through my main supplier turn out to be cheaper now than original R3 as they increased the prices. Stupid move when you consider that they want to curb piracy.