1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Seen - Austin Powers: Goldmember

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by dr_mabuse, Aug 20, 2002.

1. dr_mabuse

dr_mabuse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    :( Oh Dear!
    VERY disappointing to a fan of the first 2. For at least the first twenty five minutes there really weren't ANY gags worth laughing about - it was strange to be in a totally silent cinema when it was at least half full.
    Second half was better though. Best bits for me:
    The opening sequence, filmed M:I 2 style, and the inspired shadow sequence later on. Minime is cool too, much more stuff featuring him. Michael Caine looks as though he just turned up, went though his lines and took a fat pay cheque for it.
    Overall not worth six quid - rent it instead in six months time! Apparently Mike Myers has said in an interview that he would probably do one more - yikes! :eek:

dr_mabuse

PS
    Trailer for "Signs" was well cool though.

2. Xeonic

Xeonic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    D M,

This was my exact take on the movie! I saw it last weekend, expected it to at least rival the first two, but alas I didn't think this was the case. Cinema was quite full, so lack of atmosphere wasn't an issue. Some parts were laugh out funny, others cringeworthy. Even Beyonce wasn't all that. Another good bit you didn't mention was the (miniSPOILER :) ) "subtitle" sequence. Personally it looked like trilogy end, mmyers is a clever guy and could easily come up with a fresh set of characters.

I'd watch it again, but wouldn't get the DVD - however the previous two are on my profiler wishlist ;)

3. Ripco

Ripco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    While the whole world is going mad for AP3 its great to keep my sanity and know it is not just me. Since the part in AP2 when Liz Hurley turns out to be a fembot I knew the script writer had taken a wrong turn at Alberkirky. I mean from this point on the rest of 2 and all off 3 the story took a back seat, row Z I think.

Part three, the jokes, when they did eventually come which was not till about the Godzilla part, were un original and alot of the time unfunny. Either they had been done before in the previous films or Naked Gun etc. How long can Mike Myers go on doing this crap, Bring back Dana Carvey all is forgiven. Mike it does not matter how you shovel the excrement in the end its all the same ****.

Its like putting Jim Carrey in a Big Brother house.

P.S. Kill Fat Bastard before he actually gets near the funny region.

Oh dear.

4. Ripco

Ripco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Subtitles = Waynes world jokes with the Cantonese.

Same jokes different movies.

5. JueUK

JueUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, I was really looking forward to it,, no longer now :(

6. 2manyconsoles

2manyconsoles
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I actaully thought it was quite funny, as a film it was poor and disjointed but it did find it funny even though I knew some of the punchlines before they were said