1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just saw PV500 and pioneer 435XDE with HD satellite from Belgium ...

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by bkny, Jun 11, 2005.

1. bkny

bkny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Long title I know, but popepd into my local Hifi store (Musical Images in Edgware) and they had a 37" PV500 showing an amazing picture, basically as good as if not better than CRT from a good source. I asked the guy and apparently it was a live satellite broadcast from a small HD channel in Belgium, he calimed there were only 4 shops in Ebngland with it in. Anyway he also said that next door's shop had the 42" Pioneer with 435XDE qith the same signal setup.

Both picutres were pretty impressive, but to my untrained eye the PV500 did seem noticeably better thant he pioneer. I didn't ask in detail about the two setups (as only had 15 mins on my parking ticket) but if they were the same its a big thumbs up for the PV500. The only reason i could think for the difference was that th ePV500 was 37" and the pioneer was 42", maybe someone else can comment on that.

ANyway if anyone wants to see HD satellite broadcasts they can see them in Musicall IMages at Edgeware and Beckenham. They have a store in Covent Garden, but apparently having problems as its a listed buiilding.

Anyway as to the picture quality it was awesome, was playing a concert so pretty dark but had lighting on the stage and on parts of the crowd. At times there were thousands of people in screen. Details was great, and despite the darkness the PV500 looked great. Anyway I am sounding like a Panny fanboy here, the Pioneer was almost as good.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    4 stores utter rubbish...................there are loads, for £300ih you can have it at home the channel is HD1

3. bkny

bkny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hornydragon - i'll believe you over that guy any day of the week, but was just quoting him, I have no idea ...

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    LOL no worries, HD1 is an MPEG-2 based HD broadcast and very limited if impressive material.