1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just returned Tosh 530e no good.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by leedsfireman, Nov 26, 2003.

1. leedsfireman

leedsfireman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I got a 530e from Richer Sounds last week but when I've tried it out this week end I've decided to take it back.
    I was not happly with the prog scan pic quality going to my series 4 panny plasma. I was get more jagged edges than my other sd210e player, jerkky picture when panning across a scene & over all dissapointed with the pic quality from Tosh.
    It was only £180 and i bought it blind so as the saying goes "try before you buy".
    The guy in the shop said that he also had bought onr but had returned it for the same reason's, he thinks the Tosh had rushed this prog scan player out for the Christmas rush but not spent the money on a quality player.
    I think you get what you pay for in some things so i need to start looking for a decent player to accompany my panny.
    I've heard of the HK 25/30 are they any good, the sony player but if i want a good pic quality player what sought of money will i have to spend.
    Any body who has a good dvd prog scan player feed a panny plasma please give me your verdits.

Thanks,
    Andy

2. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    I have the Toshiba sd-510 which gives very good progressive picture but only with NTSC software :( it uses the vaddis V chip.
    I guess they must have used a cheaper de-interlacer on the 530 to save money, i wonder if its as bad in the new Toshiba dr1 recorder.
    Have you thought about the new Denon 2200 for approx £500.

3. leedsfireman

leedsfireman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I was expecting better performance from the Tosh people, i think i need some recommendations from other panny owners & then try to demo the players either on my own plasma or in a demo room to make sure. As i said earlier i think in future i will try them out first before i buy.
    Does any body who lives in the Yorkshire region can recommend shops with demo facilities.

4. Captain chaos

Captain chaos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Then again, the Panasonic 42" range has never been a fantasic panel. With its shockingly low resolution and flicker issues.

5. leedsfireman

leedsfireman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Please don't start the old debate about which plasma is the best I'm after recommendations for a good quality dvd player not a plasma.
    Thanks.

6. Captain chaos

Captain chaos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No probs.:)

7. leedsfireman

leedsfireman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Cheers mate.:smashin:

8. disgruntled

disgruntled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 530 is poor. skipping is evident on panned shots. Looked poor on Sony widescreen let alone through the AE100! Avoid this one!