Just reserved a humax at local Argos..

dan1979

Can't afford it but what the heck it's cup final day and the box won't get any cheaper before the Euro's next month by which time it will be an essential.

My existing free sky box has an RF feed to the bedroom, is there any way I can maintain a feed to that room? I only have one cable from the dish.

tomelli

Good luck. :thumbsup:
Let us know about ease of setup and standard of picture.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
My existing free sky box has an RF feed to the bedroom, is there any way I can maintain a feed to that room? I only have one cable from the dish.

No, it can't be done using the RF Out, you need a feed from the dish/LNB.

dan1979

Good luck. :thumbsup:
Let us know about ease of setup and standard of picture.

The set-up couldn't have been easier, just ok a few screens for display and telling it to scan channels, input your postcode then it's up and running. The unit itself is tiny.

Picture is what I expected, SD looks ok BBC HD (and Luxe HD after running a search) look great. There's 5.1 coming from BBC HD though the sound only seems to come out of the front two speakers.

The channel line-up is pretty uninspiring at the moment but as a piece of kit it's nice enough, probably on the expensive side for what you have on offer currently.

derek500

There's 5.1 coming from BBC HD though the sound only seems to come out of the front two speakers.

Ongoing problem since January. BBC are flagging every programme as 5.1, whereas the majority are only in (2.0) stereo!!

With my Sky box, I´ve run a pair of phono leads from my STB to a spare input on my amp. At least I can get pro-logic this way and the dialogue from the centre speaker.

Unfortunately there is very little 5.1 on BBCHD, even the FA Cup now is only stereo, whereas it´s 5.1 on Sky. I suppose you get what you pay for!!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom