1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just recieved BTTF trilogy from dvdsoon and it's the wrongly framed version

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by cybersoga, Jan 29, 2004.

1. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I've just recieved Back to the Future trilogy from dvdsoon and it's the incorrectly framed version. I've contacted dvdsoon but they have yet to get back to me. How do I proceed? Has anyone tried sending R1 discs to universal in texas to get them replaced, will they send replacements overseas?

2. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    DVD soon have just got back to me and asked me to send it back following their RMA procedure. It would have been nice to have been sent the fixed version in the first place, but at least dvdsoon will let me send it back.

3. Esteban

Esteban
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    don't universal US deal with the replacements directly themselves anymore?

4. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I don't know if they deal with customers outside of the US

5. CWB

CWB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here's my story, which will answer some of you questions.

I waited until 9 Dec before ordering because I wanted to be sure I was getting the remastered version, which was advertised as such at DVDSoon.

Unfortunately it was out of stock but I ordered anyway because of their free delivery offer.

It finally arrived last Saturday, but proved to be the original version.

I emailed DVDSoon, who told me to send it back for a replacement (at their expense) and the following:

"Universal decided to revert to the old packaging of the product. This did cause some confusion and it was the cause of some of the old versions getting mixed in with the new version. As they all have the same type of packaging it is hard to distinguish which ones will contain the incorrect version. However we have located a distributor that has some additional copies with the green remastered sticker remaining and are currently waiting for their arrival. We are due to receive them next week. So if you do return your version you are definitely going to get the remastered. Thank you!"

So Universal strikes again!

Mine goes into the post back to Canada tomorrow and I expect it will soon be sorted out.

6. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Let me know how you get on, i'm sending mine back today with the rma note asking for the new one with a green sticker marked "remastered", i'm sure they'll know which one. I said on my note that because parts of the picture are cropped I considered it to being sold faulty goods. it's going to cost about £4 to send it back by airmail.