Just received 'Resistance: Fall of Man'.....

The Great Mogul

Standard Member
Reaction score
.....but I still have'nt received my PS3. I've had the status of 'Handed over' on the Parcelfo(a)rce website since the 15th now. I certainly won't get it next week, with it being post-xmas. It now looks like the beginning of January for me! I've got this awful feeling I'm never going to receive it.:mad:

.....but I still have'nt received my PS3. I've had the status of 'Handed over' on the Parcelfo(a)rce website since the 15th now. I certainly won't get it next week, with it being post-xmas. It now looks like the beginning of January for me! I've got this awful feeling I'm never going to receive it.:mad:

pretty much all the delivery companies operate wed, thur and fri next week

im the opposite,ive got the console but am waiting for the game:( i thought it may have arrived today............but hopefully maybe tomorrow:thumbsup: (if theres any post):rolleyes:

I got my console and game together yesterday from VG+. I had a quick go of the game but haven't had time yet to really get into it. I have to say from what little I have played of it it's a great game and may be just as much fun as Gears Of War.:D

I got my console and game together yesterday from VG+. I had a quick go of the game but haven't had time yet to really get into it. I have to say from what little I have played of it it's a great game and may be just as much fun as Gears Of War.

Did you pay custom charges?

Did you pay custom charges?

Well it just got delivered yesterday so it's still too early to say. Sometimes it can take a month for the letter to come in the post from the courier company. Hopefully I won't have to pay any extra charges but if I do then it will still be worth getting the console at least three months early. Besides the majority of my PS2 and PSOne games are US so it makes better sense for me to get a US console then to wait for the UK one.

I just got a copy of Resistance through the post (bought off uk ebay)

Just need my ps3 now :D

Its currently in poole,uk with FedEx (after being sent from hong jong yesterday) should be out for delivery on the 27th Dec :thumbsup:

I would happily cancel xmas and boxing day to get it on monday:eek:

I have sent you an in-game buddy invite so we can get in the same rooms (I know your on my friends list but there is a seperate one for Online Resistance ).

I knew it, I was having a debate with someone..... If you have a Japanese copy of the game it will put on Japanese servers, if you buy a U.S copy of the game it will put you on American servers..... They werre trying to tell me it was the console settings....

I knew it, I was having a debate with someone..... If you have a Japanese copy of the game it will put on Japanese servers, if you buy a U.S copy of the game it will put you on American servers..... They werre trying to tell me it was the console settings....

Yup that must be it. Ah well lol. Online is fun!!

So you can only play against people from the region of the console? i hope not :eek: :eek:

So you can only play against people from the region of the console? i hope not :eek: :eek:

It doesn't matter what console you own either Japanese or American. If you buy a Japanese copy of a game it will put you on Japanese servers, whilst if you buy an American copy of the game it will put you on the American servers. It doesn't affect me either lag or language barriers (I am studying Japanese anyway) but if you want to play against mostly english speaking players I would suggest getting US versions of games.. Moylez and I both have Japanese PS3's but I have a Japanese copy of Resistance Fall of Man and he has an American version, we can't play online against each other due to being on different servers.

It doesn't matter what console you own either Japanese or American. If you buy a Japanese copy of a game it will put you on Japanese servers, whilst if you buy an American copy of the game it will put you on the American servers. It doesn't affect me either lag or language barriers (I am studying Japanese anyway) but if you want to play against mostly english speaking players I would suggest getting US versions of games.. Moylez and I both have Japanese PS3's but I have a Japanese copy of Resistance Fall of Man and he has an American version, we can't play online against each other due to being on different servers.

Yup. So if you have a few friends you would like to play with often you would all have to get the same region game which i dont mind doing. Ill get the same region as everyone else with my next game.

I have fall of man in hand its the japanise version..my only concern now is FPS agems arent exactly popular in japan compared to the US so are the a lot less people to play against??

I have fall of man in hand its the japanise version..my only concern now is FPS agems arent exactly popular in japan compared to the US so are the a lot less people to play against??

No you will have no problems finding a match online, I don't have any problems finding a match...... There is always a 40 man frag fest at the manchester map going on lol

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom