1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just realised that what they say about screen shots is true

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Comer, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    I have been looking at screen shots from projectors on this and other forums for a few years now and I have always been so impressed with the projectors image quality. I have often thought that I would happily upgrade if I could get an image like the shots posted. So last night I tried my own first screen shot with a 2MP camera with automatic exposure. This photo is taken from my HS10 and if it had been posted by someone stating it's the new HS51, I would have been running out to buy one at next days open of business :laugh:

Just goes to show, eh? :blush:

Conor

Attached Files:

2. Tempest

Tempest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,321
    Yeh..... They are actually worthless are they not!

Shame, cos, as you say, often they do look fantastic.
    Unless we had a standard way of taking them, with a standard camera and settings, you can't compare them.

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dunno, I think they're pretty bad pictures.......must be a bad PJ you have there Comer.........

:p :D

Joking aside, yes, screenshots generally tend to "flatter" all projectors.

Mine are usually pretty representitive though :zonked: .

:smoke:

4. homeagain

homeagain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I don't think they are worthless as such. You certainly can't compare black levels and contrast, different cameras, environments, screens etc have too much impact, but you can get some measure of overall resolution and colour balance. It isn't perfect but you can get the idea from the 'AE700 (after flicker tweaks) pics' thread, where screenshots of the same 'Gladiator' frame from 5 generations of Panny AE projectors are lined up side by side.
    My tuppence worth, Rob. :smashin:

Actually I just looked at that AE700 thread again and the actual AE700 screenshot is either a poor screenshot or a badly set up PJ, so 'operator error', is another big factor. Oh well, I'll shut up then. :blush:
    And Comers screenshots do look good.