1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just purchased Panasonic TX32PD30C. Anything extra I should know?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by chrisjoanne, Aug 19, 2003.

1. chrisjoanne

Standard Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Having just purchased the Panasonic PD30C I would like to ask users of the forum how I should set the brightness levels etc for best viewing pleasure, and any little tricks I should know about.

It has taken around 3-4 weeks to decide which Tv was for me. I had originally gone for the 36" Toshiba (36ZP38) but having read on here that 36" CRT may actually be too big I decided to go for either the 32" version (32ZP38) or the Panasonic.
    I believe I've got a cracking deal on the PD30 (£997 - 0% interest free). The best price I could find for the Tosh was £1100.
    The Panasonic looks wonderful and I would say the vast majority on here seem to like the Panasonic over the Toshiba (?)

By the way Dixons had advertised a Toshiba 36" tv 36ZP18 as £1090 yesterday on their web site. - The next price up from that was £1260!!
    I rang up and they said they had none in stock but ring your local dealer (Newcastle) He then checked on his computer that NO shops in England had a Toshiba 36ZP18 for sale.
    I said it shouldn't be on the net if you can't get it.
    He then replied by telling me it was there policy to show extremely low prices on the net which you can NOT get. What they hope you do is say "oh well, I can't get what I really want, but as I'm here I'll taken a look about and see what's on offer"
    They should by law be able to met demand if they are offering something for sale.
    This product (the tosh) will not be available as it is end of line stock.

Any thoughts