Just purchased my first OLED!

WRXiceman

Hi guys,

Just purchased my first OLED TV from Richer Sounds.
Went for the LG 55" B8PLA and cannot wait!!

Would have liked one of the new 2019 models, but the price difference is not worth it for my needs.
The B8 worked out around half the price!

Will be using it for:

TV - 30%
Netflix/Movies - 30%
Gaming - 40%

I seriously cannot wait for it to arrive!

SyStemDeMoN

Well done !
Treat it kindly and it will do you proud. Just read up on how to avoid burn in but I think LG have a 1 year guarantee for that now.
Still love mine 2.5 years in.

bullie76

Standard Member
Did you get the preinstalled burn in edition? J/k........that's what I would buy if in the market for a new tv.

WRXiceman

I understand the risk with burn in but really not concerned about it.

TV will be used for mixed viewing and never left on news channels for hours on end.

Although sometimes I do have long gaming sessions on Call of Duty (static HUD) for around 2-3 hours or so, but then the TV will be switched off/changed to other content so think I’ll be fine :)

Matson

Distinguished Member
I wouldn't worry. I spend a lot of time gaming on my C8 and did on my E6 and never had any issues with retention or burn in. Aslong as your not playing for days at a time you will be fine :D

hakr

I understand the risk with burn in but really not concerned about it.

TV will be used for mixed viewing and never left on news channels for hours on end.

Although sometimes I do have long gaming sessions on Call of Duty (static HUD) for around 2-3 hours or so, but then the TV will be switched off/changed to other content so think I’ll be fine :)
Just understand that, with oled, it's not the length of time in a row, but the total length of time that a static image is displayed, which leads to pixel death/ burn in.

I.e. you could play for 4 hours straight, or 10 minutes per day for 24 days, with breaks in between.... the effect towards burn in will be the same.

Having said that.... I've been using my c6 for my ps4 for years now and I don't notice any burn in.... although I did decide to get a PC monitor for my new gaming PC... don't fancy risking the windows menus permanently burned in :)

Enjoy your new telly, oleds have fantastic picture quality. Even with the risks and some downfalls, easily the best TV I've ever owned.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Hi guys,

Just purchased my first OLED TV from Richer Sounds.
Went for the LG 55" B8PLA and cannot wait!!

Would have liked one of the new 2019 models, but the price difference is not worth it for my needs.
The B8 worked out around half the price!

Will be using it for:

TV - 30%
Netflix/Movies - 30%
Gaming - 40%

I seriously cannot wait for it to arrive!
Congrats. Now stop visiting this section of the forum if you really want to enjoy your new TV lol.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom