Just played Super Mario Sunshine for the first time!

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny really, all this time I've had my Gamecube & for some reason I'd never played this game.

My girlfriends daughter has it for her Cube & as she never plays it anymore I picked it up & thought I may aswell play it.

What a great game it is:) Shame it's the PAL version as it looks pretty good too, bet it looks lovely in progressive scan. Still, really enjoying the game & should tide me over nicely until I eventually fork out for a Wii & Mario Galaxy. Probably had as much fun playing this as most of my 360 games.

Makes you realise how the Wii really doesn't need to be that much more powerfull than the Gamecube, the years have been pretty find on good old Mario if you ask me.

Anyway, there you go, if there are any others like me that have overlooked this one & can't afford a Wii, give it a go:thumbsup:

I also have this sitting in sealed wrap waiting to be played. Iirc the reviews were quite critical (despite scoring quite highly). I will play this at some point, unfortunately there never seems enough time!

I also have this sitting in sealed wrap waiting to be played. Iirc the reviews were quite critical (despite scoring quite highly). I will play this at some point, unfortunately there never seems enough time!

Seriously Tejstar, make some time mate:lesson: I think I was the same as you, wrongly being influenced by the mediocre reviews and just kept thinking "I'll try it sometime". Oh, and by the way, save points pop up all over the place so it's also a perfect game for those short gaming sessions when you don't have time to play most other games.

Was playing it alot more last night & I just enjoyed playing it so much, camera felt a little tricky at first but now it's just a joy to play & so much fun. For sure you'll love it aswell, best get playing it before Mario Galaxy comes along otherwise it'll be even harder to fit it into the gaming roster;)

Its a superb game. Gets better the further you get into it too.

Yeah, I agree, excellent game but very very difficult in places! You have been warned. It's one of them Joypad breaker difficulty games :)

Yeah, I agree, excellent game but very very difficult in places! You have been warned. It's one of them Joypad breaker difficulty games :)

Well it won't the the first time my wavebird soars like an eagle:laugh:

Actually some of those mini-type games where you have to run across the sand & moving blocks in the middle of space to reach the shine are pretty tough already:devil: Brings out the monkey ball madness in me!

Seriously Tejstar, make some time mate:lesson: I think I was the same as you, wrongly being influenced by the mediocre reviews and just kept thinking "I'll try it sometime". Oh, and by the way, save points pop up all over the place so it's also a perfect game for those short gaming sessions when you don't have time to play most other games.

Was playing it alot more last night & I just enjoyed playing it so much, camera felt a little tricky at first but now it's just a joy to play & so much fun. For sure you'll love it aswell, best get playing it before Mario Galaxy comes along otherwise it'll be even harder to fit it into the gaming roster;)

Well I've got a couple of weeks off over xmas so I'm lining up the games that I'll be playing (lots of Gears of War and Guitar Hero II so far!) Looks like I should connect up the GC again though - although Zelda action may limit any Mario playtime this chrimbo! :devil:

yep. great game.

picked it up for £10 in argos a while back.

This is the only game on the 'Cube that will make me swear. Usually you can set your watch by it- 10 minutes after I start playing, becasue I always stop when I get stuck!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom