Just picked up a Vita

gamingboy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Been a PS3 and 360 bod for a while. Picked up a Wii U a few months back and purchased a Vita yesterday. Looking to pick up a PlayStation Plus subscription as well. I've got LBP and Virtually Tennis for now.

Any tricks, or best time to sign up to plus?

You should have signed up to Plus about 6 months ago when they first started giving away Vita games because you'd have built up an impressive library.

Now you'll have to just hope they come out with games you want to play along the way.

You get Coconut Dream this month so that's a plus (not).

But honestly, just snag plus now, you won't be disappointed over the next year.

Thanks. Due to the limited space on my memory card I can only play one at a time. Is it correct that you have to download the game to be able to download it in two months time? Or does just being a member now mean I can download it in the future.

Download them all now and then when you want to play them you can load them up to your Vita. But if you don't download them, you won't have access to download them in the future when they take them off PS Plus offerings.

Thanks. Due to the limited space on my memory card I can only play one at a time. Is it correct that you have to download the game to be able to download it in two months time? Or does just being a member now mean I can download it in the future.

You don't have to download them..just start the download then cancel it..then it'll show up on your list.
But if you don't pick it/start the download, then it won't appear on your list, it's not automatic.

You used to be able to queue them up, in the store(for example on the PS3), but that seems to have stopped, so you at least have to pick and start them, then cancel if you want.

Thanks. I will give both a try. Read conflicting information on this.

Thanks. I will give both a try. Read conflicting information on this.

Believe me, as long as you start then cancel the download on say the PS3 for example, they will appear on your "Download List", for the Vita, or for that matter, on the PS3's download list, as you can download on there, and send them via usb.

If you don't pick them/start the download, then cancel if you want...they will NOT appear on your list, so you will have lost them come the next month, when they change the titles.

Believe me, as long as you start then cancel the download on say the PS3 for example, they will appear on your "Download List", for the Vita, or for that matter, on the PS3's download list, as you can download on there, and send them via usb.

If you don't pick them/start the download, then cancel if you want...they will NOT appear on your list, so you will have lost them come the next month, when they change the titles.
Isn't that what I just said? Except for the cancelling bit? lol.

You just gotta DL to make sure you have access to them in the future. But you supposedly only have access to them while you're subscribed to PS Plus.

Hey guys. Me again. Whilst I'm waiting for a new 1TB drive to arrive I've selected Hitman to download and it has failed due to lack of space. Although within the PlayStation store it's in the view downloads list along with all the contracts pass and extras. Common sense says this should work once I get he extra space, but I'm just wondering if the download has to successfully start.

Thanks.

No, even if it crashes, or errors out, as long as it's picked it's fine.

Just go into your download list, and you'll see it's there, and as it is, you can re-download it any time.

Thanks. From a Google search it appears that the PS3 is looking for twice as much space then the download size. I have 30GB free, but it needs 38GB space to download and install. At least I know why. :)

It comes with extras..some DLC I'm sure, the Sniper Challenge thing, and some weapons, so that might account for extra space needed too.
Once it installs, the size will go back as it deletes the downloaded crap/installs itself correctly.

Finally got off the fence and got me a vita yesterday. Took advantage of the Argos deal for the 3G + LBP + 4Gb card for £169! Supplemented that with buying a 32 Gb card from Amazon for £50 with a free download code for FIFA 13 :) as well as a free download of Wipeout 2048 from Vodafone.

Now just got to spend this evening downloading the last 6 months PS+ titles onto the 32 Gb card :smashin:

Anyone who else has been dithering on whether they should buy needs to do the same, it's a f_ing brilliant piece of kit.

Good luck... I think I'd be hard pressed to squeeze all the games I have from PS Plus on a 32g card with all the game saves and then apps like Netflix and Youtube and Music Unlimited.

But good deal for you... definitely better/cheaper than what I got!

Good luck... I think I'd be hard pressed to squeeze all the games I have from PS Plus on a 32g card with all the game saves and then apps like Netflix and Youtube and Music Unlimited.

But good deal for you... definitely better/cheaper than what I got!

True, probably won't get everything but reckon I can manage:

Uncharted: Golden Abyss; FIFA 13; Sine Mora; Velocity; Thomas Was Alone; MGS HD Collection; Wipeout 2048; Jet Set Radio; Knytt Underground; Lumines; Mortal Kombat and Gravity Rush

I know there's been more than that but that'll be plenty for getting on with.

Hi, I am just about to buy one this evening (also the Argos PSV + 4GB + LBP for £169.99), if I join Plus, when I download the games that are free this month, are they mine forever? or do the expire when the month ends? If I decide to not pay for Plus anymore will I still have them? What happens if you cancel Plus?

Thanks

You can play the games for as long as you are a PS+ subscriber, so you can access them until your subscription to PS+ expires, after that, unless you re-subscribe, you lose the ability to play them.

You can play the games until your subscription to PS+ expires, after that, unless you re-subscribe, you lose the ability to play them.

And how much does it work out at per month?

Also do you know roughly how big the downloads are for the games, and could I store them on my PC so just plug in and switch over which ones?

Sorry for all the questions, just I'm a Vita N00b and can't wait to get my hands on my new Vita!

The subscription prices are on the Vita store, but say, for a rough guide, £11.99 for 90 days, £39.99 for a year.
There are discounts occasionally, or you might be able to pick up a PSN card at less than face value, so bargains can be had.

As to games sizes, they vary from say 40mb for Retro City Rampage, to 3gb+ for some of the proper titles, Blazblue I'm sure rocks in a 3.5gb roughly.

And no, you can't download them on a PC, you either have to purchase/download them on a PS3, and transfer them to Vita, or purchase/download on the Vita, itself.

Not over here, US, yes, UK, forgotten about!:rotfl:

You can download it to your Vita(well, you used to be able to), but you needed a US account, and a little faffing around with the Vita.

Yah, we have Netflix now, pretty good video too, better than my phone.

You guys should have it soon, I can't see why you wouldn't get it soon anyways.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom