Just picked up a Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 so kit lens to go

geoffz

Established Member
Reaction score
Have now a replacement for my canon kit lens on ebay , and the Tamron seems very good condition, Just have to wait till Christmas till I am allowed to use it properly though :(.
So should I sell the kit lens that came with my 450D, or wait another year and sell it with the 450d when I expect to upgrade ?

sell it now - no point in waiting - can always pick up another later or just sell body only...

Jim

but he has already bought his lens so is a seller, of his kit lens?

precisely so - if he sells after the VAT rise then new alternatives will seem "even more" expensive.... ;)

Jim

nope you have lost me, i should probably go to bed goodnight jim :rotfl:

nope you have lost me, i should probably go to bed goodnight jim :rotfl:

Nighty Night Simon :D

...but basicaly the VAT increase will raise the price of new lenses and commercially sold S/H lenses so - privaltely sold lenses will seem more attractive (cheaper) ;)

Jim

Personally for the 2nd hand value of a 18-55mm IS I'd probably keep it as a good quality lightweight backup.

If your new lens gets broken or has to go for repair/calibration you'll be without a lens.

Personally for the 2nd hand value of a 18-55mm IS I'd probably keep it as a good quality lightweight backup.

If your new lens gets broken or has to go for repair/calibration you'll be without a lens.
Or if he's a golfer, he can use the kit lens as a large adjustable tee . . . THWACK! . . . FOUR!

Well I was gonna just try and Bluff my way out of it with a "Simple Simon" joke - but I'll just admit that I've got your name wrong Weetsie :blush: :rolleyes: :suicide:

JIm

there are a few simons on here, im not one of them. :D

my name is ryan :rolleyes:

there are a few simons on here, im not one of them. :D

my name is ryan :rolleyes:

Neither am I :D and - I knew that was your name :facepalm: - sorry for the confusion :)

Jim

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom