• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Just Passed My Test – Parents have offered to buy me a Sat Nav

As the title says I passed my driving test last week and my parents have offered to buy me a Sat Nav as a well done gift, my only dilemma is I have absolutely no idea what I am looking for when it comes to Sat Nav so I thought it might be best to ask on here as you guys will have a better idea then I do,

I’m not sure if this information will be of any help but I own a Citroen C2, live in the North East of England and would like to be able to connect my phone to the Sat Nav for calls while driving and if possible connect my iPod Touch for MP3 playback while driving,

Hope you guys can help me,

/Rookie

I had looked at the NavMan s50 s70 and s90 ranges in Tesco the other day but they had the display models turned off so I couldn’t have a go of them, what does you guys think of the NavMan range of sat navs and what are the key differences between the three different ones I’ve listed? Also a lot of people rave about TomToms are they really the bees knees of the sat nav industrie?

I've had a look around on the net and seem to have narrowed it down to there three

Navman s50

TomTom One GB v3

Garmin 250w

there all around the same price so basically its just down to which will give me the most bang for my buck (up-to-date maps, ease of use and stuff like that).

glesgaguyav

Established Member
You could also look at the Harman Kardon DPS500.

http://www.harmankardon.com/
It's on offer from Morrisons & Maplins for £99.99

You can also use it as an MP3/MPEG4 video player via an SD card when you're not in the car,
It is a very slim unit and It comes with saftey cam data, although you have to download the intstaller program for this to work.

You could also look at the Harman Kardon DPS500.

http://www.harmankardon.com/
It's on offer from Morrisons & Maplins for £99.99

You can also use it as an MP3/MPEG4 video player via an SD card when you're not in the car,
It is a very slim unit and It comes with saftey cam data, although you have to download the intstaller program for this to work.

I have an iPod Touch for MP3/MP4 playback, but thanks for the link i will take a look at the unit and see what its like :)

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom