just ordered v+ has anyone any pic's

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by daxy1, Apr 26, 2007.

1. daxy1

daxy1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi all ive just ordered the v+ box but have still not seen what the box itself looks like has anyone any pics of the box and also tell me how good the box is and what tipe of things you can do with the box
    virgin have told me i will have to wait till the 12th of may for instalation of the box thanks in advance for any info and help Gary daxy1

2. Owen824

Owen824

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    i have tried to find pictures but all i can say is it (the box) or the designer is not going to win any awards. butt-ugly to be honest, kind of like the red headed step child you keep in the closet. I personally feel if you are going to redesign a box you could at least put some effort into it. Sky's hd box looks good with smooth curves and styling. virgins is exactly what they say it is..a BOX. the connections on the back are also annoying. the hdmi and the optical are very close to each other so you need to make sure your hdmi and optical cables are not chunky, otherwise both will not go in. only have to worry about this problem if you want the best sound from your system. actually just found a pic of the telewest tv drive box-

[​IMG]

picture this but only in black w/ with a virgin logo in top right i believe.

As for functionality the box is great. The PVR alone makes up for its ugliness. You can watch one show and record 2 others at the same time. the on demand is getting better and better, with lots more shows being added for you to watch at anytime you want. there is also a large collection of films (gotta pay for them though) in SD and HD. overall its pretty good, only downfall is the one HD channel that just shows planet earth and robin hood over and over. occasionally get some sport in high def. rare but does happen. hope this helps.

3. ScottBT

ScottBT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
  4. Owen824

Owen824

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    OOOOHHHHH...there's that little black beauty!!! actually would look good if your seperates are black. unfortunately mine are all silver so glad i have the semi silver telewest box that i posted above.

5. daxy1

daxy1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    thanks for the reply all my seperates are black i even got a black case for my 360 (looks the mutts nutts) cant wait ive just got my pack reference for my instalation cant wait :clap:

6. bash

bash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +757
    where did you get the black case for you 360? Got any pics?

7. Owen824

Owen824

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
  8. Cocacola

Cocacola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I got my V+ last week. I wanted a silver one, but I was out when engineer called and OH accepted a black one.
    I have been waiting a week now for VM to turn up with a silver exchange. Looks like I will have to make a phone call.
    I must say V+ box is much bigger than I expected. About the size of a video player.

9. daxy1

daxy1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi mate i got it off decal girl off the tinterweb it cost $48 (around £24) with the fitting tool if you get one be careful i sliced my hands to bits but it is worth it as it looks great i'll take a pick and post it thanks Gary daxy1