Just ordered SkyHD, which box do I want?...

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by PapAV, Feb 5, 2009.

1. PapAV

PapAV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I had a look through the FAQ, but couldn't find anything on what the current box of choice is?

Apologies if I've missed something.

Is there a choice currently?

I see talk of Samsung, Amstrad and Thompson....are they all still available, do they have their own nuances?

Is there anything else I should be aware of?

2. Hillsman

Hillsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Ive had experience of Thomson, Samsung as Pace and will say Pace was the best of the lot IMO.

Had 3 Thomson boxes in the space of a month or two.. awful box (again IMO)

Got a cousin on his 2nd Samsung and that seems to have its fair share of faults also.

The Pace box i have is very good indeed, much faster and a stronger signal than the two others i mention. Slight lip sync issues now and then but nothing major.

Of course theres people out there who have had problems with Pace but for me they are the best.

3. planetse

planetse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    The one that the Sky engineer has on his van when he knocks on your door. If he as more than one on there and will give you a choice (unlikely but worth a try) its up to you. If not just have what you're given it really makes no difference.

You can read bad things about all of them, but you don't her from the thousands of folk who have had no problems at all with any of them do you.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009