Just ordered SKY+.. A question..

Shady Deal

Standard Member
Hi,
Should be getting Sky+ shortly and am wondering about the timer records? Presumably you set a recording from the EPG so is there any need (or facility?) to pad the recording like on a freeview box?

Thanks

7Seven

You are pretty much correct.

You pick which show you like from the EPG and just press the Record button, mo timers! Fantastic!

The padding is where I feel I need to explain a little. The default (Auto) setting is the Sky+ box records 1 and a half minutes on each side, so a 4pm-5pm recording starts at 3.59pm, and finishes at 5.01pm.

If you find this isn't sufficient (I find it is), you can decrease/increase the padding Sky+ uses. They are manual settings.

If you are a new Sky customer, did you take up the FREE Sky+ box offer?
It was available to new Sky customers til the 28th.

Shady Deal

Standard Member
Thanks for that. No I am a existing customer.

One other question:- Can it record when the box is in standby or does it have to be on all the time?

Thanks again

rasb0

Novice Member
skytecbvmo said:
no upgrade your hdd your self

Since this is a new digi-box we are talking about, wouldn't your suggestion invalidate the initial 12 month warranty?

Nick_UK

Banned
rasb0 said:
Since this is a new digi-box we are talking about, wouldn't your suggestion invalidate the initial 12 month warranty?

Yes it would, and with the large number of box variants out there these days, the chances of getting a larger drive to work are much lower. Unless you enjoy dabbling with electronics gadgets, and have a good working knowledge of the innards of PC's, then I wouldn't suggest this route.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom