Quantcast

Just Ordered Ps3,tips On Set Up Please

seanydurbs

Standard Member
Hi everyone ,just purchased the ps3 with gta iv bundle from play.com. I have a panasonic th-37px70 tv and i was hoping if someone had the same equipment as myself they could tell me the best set up. I have read that my tv is not true hd?? so what settings are best for this tv. Thanks for any suggestions.

kingfats

Distinguished Member
Hi everyone ,just purchased the ps3 with gta iv bundle from play.com. I have a panasonic th-37px70 tv and i was hoping if someone had the same equipment as myself they could tell me the best set up. I have read that my tv is not true hd?? so what settings are best for this tv. Thanks for any suggestions.
Hi seanydurbs. :)
Try this. :cool:
BD DVD SETTINGS MENU

BD DVD Video Output Settings HDMI AUTO (The PS3 will set to the max res of your TV)
Cinema Conversion Automatic
DVD Upscaler NORMAL (OFF) if you want your TV to upscale DVD.

BD 1080/24Hz Output Automatic

DISPLAY SETTINGS

Video Output Settings HDMI Automatic
Cross Colour Filter OFF
RGB Full Range Limited
Super White HDMI ON or OFF?
(Works for most screens,your choice in the end,though)
:thumbsup:

seanydurbs

Standard Member
Thanks for your reply , i was getting confused over what upscaled/ downscaled etc. Also does anyone use different settings for gaming and then watching films?

kingfats

Distinguished Member
Thanks for your reply , i was getting confused over what upscaled/ downscaled etc. Also does anyone use different settings for gaming and then watching films?
Hi seanydurbs. :)
I don't game on my PS3 :cool: but my son's,do use it now and again. :)
Upscaler is OFF,so everything runs at source direct :smashin: games @ 720p (not many 1080p) DVD @ 576p (TV upscales) BD DVD @ 1080p/24. :thumbsup:
All the best.

Even with Upscaling On the PS3 will control the output resolution perfectly well. Best to have upscaling on. And I doubt if most TV's can upscale as well as the PS3.

Top Bottom