1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just ordered new plasma from J.L.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Starky, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Starky

Starky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys :hiya: , after some weeks of sifting thru your threads for advice and trailing round shops checking out diff. panels, finally decided on 42 inch Vierra, gets delivered week on Friday :clap: . I used the price match @ J.L.'s I picked this up from a couple of posts on here, thanks guys :thumbsup: saved £900, although they did claw back £50 for "free delivery" :mad: , seems if you do a price match with a competitor and they charge delivery they can then "match" their del. charge too, ah well, still chuffed :) I'm renewing my dvd player and video too, looking at the panny DMR-E55 which got a cracking write up, any suggestions would be most welcome. One thing I'm not too sure about is I've still got an analogue box with Telewest (although I'm planning to get a digibox shortly) is there any issues with this and what kind of picture can I expect? Thanks for all the help, cheers for now. :) :)

2. Andy C

Andy C
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What store did you price match with? I've tried to get JL Reading to match with a few stores now and they keep claiming they don't have models in stock. :( I haven't tried Krish AV yet though...

3. Starky

Starky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Andy, both RS's and Robert Whyte's (Glasgow) had the Vierra on sale for £2799 + delivery, J.L. wanted £3695, saved just under £900 and got a five year warranty, brill.
    Although I have to say R. Whyte had a good deal too with 3yr wrnty and 30 months Int. free credit. Regards.