Just ordered my Samsung HD945

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by phlix, Nov 16, 2004.

1. phlix

phlix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just ordered my Samsung HD945 from digiuk and they told me Samsung will have them in stock this week, so digiuk will get them at the start of next week. Here's hoping!!! :thumbsup:

2. beecee

beecee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +323
    wonder how long till a multi region hack becomes available?

till then not buying. :)

3. Teresa

Teresa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    will this dvd player upscale via component? or is via HDMI only>?

4. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    Teresa,

Samsung would only be allowed under DVD licensing rules to allow upscaling via HDMI or DVI-HDCP outputs. Hope this helps.

Steve

5. Kahless725

Kahless725

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I though this was due out the week starting the 8th?

Cheers
    Robert

6. silent-BOBBY

silent-BOBBY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They've been fedding the "Samsung will have them in stock next week" for the last two weeks...so I wouldn't hold my breath.

7. phlix

phlix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is the first time they've told me that Samsung will have them in stock, previously they've just told me they hope or they've been led to believe that they'll get them shortly.

8. alfie786

alfie786
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Still waiting for my 945, and they had said it will be here last friday. they then said it will be here this week. rang agian, they will not recieve it this week samsung just recieving it in the uk very soon and should have them next week. "Next week... Next week" sounds like hold onto the customers money and dont tell them we are expecting them in 3 weeks like BE-direct they were staright forward we wont have them for 3 weeks when a lady called me on the mobile. Nice of her!!

DIGI UK sort this OUT!!! please.

9. Richard QC

Richard QC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The moral here is don't believe everything you are told. Unless you get the answer yes we have them in stock we can deliver in 48 hours, then be prepared to wait!!

To be fair to the retailer they may just be passing on the information they received in good faith from their supplier, and Samsung UK from the parent company in where-ever sending out the stock! Once a delay hits the loop so many other deadlines are put back and missed and things just spiral out of control.

I import cricket equipment and it only takes one little mishap by the freight people or supplier documentation and then customs impound your gear and weeks of delays build up. Still I agree its not fair to mislead customers, thats if they are deliberately misleading their customers, look at it this way, if you get poor service where are you not likely to go for your next bit of kit. So who loses out there?