Quantcast

Just ordered my oled

lumper

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here that helped me out along the way and was patient enough to answer my questions and deal with my long posts.
You have a good community here and a lot of nice people.
I can be a huge pain in the ass and I really do appreciate everyone that stuck with me.

I am in the US, I found a way to get the item I wanted for the price I wanted and still buy from an authorized dealer.
I got the 65" LG E9 for $2099.99 plus tax shipped, so 2335.00

I was planning to buy the C9 for $2099.99 at Best Buy then the sale ended but it popped back on sale the day before yesterday for $2199.99.
I was all set to go pay that and bring it home, but I found a way to get the lowest price possible and tried it and it worked out.

In the states we have Greentoe a broker site where you make an offer of what you want to pay and then sellers accept it or counter offer it.
I was able to find out from 3 people who used this service and got great prices who the actual seller was, once I knew that I just emailed the seller's store directly and told them I know they are selling them via Greentoe for an unadvertised price and would they just sell directly to me at that price, and they said yes!!

So. that is what I did, I am very happy with the order, it will be here within the week.

Thanks very much for all your help and all the great information.
3 Weeks ago I wasnt considering an Oled, but now after all I have learned I am very comfortable with paying for an Oled and I cant wait to get it here and set it up.
Thanks again I really appreciate all of your help and answers.
Ill be lurking around a little looking to pay it forward and help others where I can.
Lump

thedoswells

Congratulations. The E9 is a fantastic TV, so I'm sure you will love it, especially if you can throw good quality content at it. Be interested to hear your thoughts on it when you've had a chance to set it up fully...

staffy 2

I love the E series.My E7 looks great and the sound is a big step up from the C series.You will love your E9 it’s a stunning tv with much better sound quality from forward firing speakers

lumper

Thanks I cant wait.
I just read Rtings full review, and I hadnt planned on calibrating, but they give the E a lower pre cal score of I think a 7, did you calibrate your tv?
I wasnt planning on it, but I am wondering if maybe it is a good idea to get the post cal accuracy.

staffy 2

No I just use isf brightroom and I don’t find the need to have mine calibrated as it’s a really nice natural picture.Trumotion is off I don’t need it and I used the settings off here as a base and adjusted until I was happy.Perhaps someone can link you to the settings page

lumper

No I just use isf brightroom and I don’t find the need to have mine calibrated as it’s a really nice natural picture.Trumotion is off I don’t need it and I used the settings off here as a base and adjusted until I was happy.Perhaps someone can link you to the settings page
In the review for the E they said pre calibaration the whites were yellowish, do you notice this at all? they used calibrated dark or cinema dark, I forget what lg calls their pro settings, there are two, one is light one is dark, the review tests were done with the dark one selected and warm 2 as the color setting.