Just ordered an FQ80!??!

Well I'm really pleased that I have found this site..! I'm on FQ75 number four..! The first was returned for buzzing... The second for purity errors caused by an NTL STB on the glass shelf... The third for purity again, because none of the engineers realised it was the set's nonexistant shielding causing the pink patches... The fourth now suffers from the scrolling bars, althouth this is the first one with this problem..!

The most frustrating thing is that the very first set I had had perfect geometry..! All the others have the slight bending as others have described... It is possible to correct all vertical/positional issues via the service menu but not horizontally..!

I'm having a new scart board being fitted on Thursday to correct the scrolling bands, so I'll let you know how I get on...

If I'm not satisfied then I will demand that I have a repalcement FQ80..! But only if I can access the service menu..!

Hi SimonO

I dont know if you have seen the other thred all about the dreaded srolling bar problem but the fitting of the new scart
board did not fix the issue for most people.
I had this done and it improved the picture when viewing through
the scart connections but anything through the S-Video or
Aerial was still effected.

Just thought I would warn you..

Thanks for the warning... I'll check very carefully

I too had new "j board" fitted to my FQ75 and can confirm the scrolling bars are still present.This aside the picture quality from sony sky digibox (rgb) to av1 is very good.
Can just make out scrolling bars on sky blue screen,but not on picture.slight geometry
and focus probs on extreme sides,but this is only evident on text.again picture quality
doesn't seem effected.
What to do!except dx100 which appears to have similar probs.take full refund?also with FQ80 being shorter cannot fit my kit underneath!All of which is sony-digibox,str940 amp,
735 dvd,and vcr.!!(bad design sony).
temped to except compensation payment(amount not agreed)as rgb pic is bloody good,shame about the rf and video playback where th SB's are clearly seen..!!
Also dvd playback is superb,NO scrolling bars.

I had similar situation to you. I ended up buying the new iDTV from Sony + Integrated Denon amp/dvd player. This means I have room to also store the vcr. Perfect but expensive solution.

Hi Alim
How is your DX100?any geom/focus/scrolling bar probs.Is the picture quality up to that of the FQ75?
Your right.buying maybe an intergrated amp/dvd would solve the problem but for a price.Current amp & dvd cost 1000 quid approaching 2yrs ago.reluctant to get rid as feel not worth much selling as second hand.
If the dx100 is up to the FQ75,taking an exchange would solve all my probs.

Hi CJB,
I'm awaiting delivery of my new tv. It is the new 36NX200 iDTV and it has only just been released. I assume it will be free of the SB since the FQ80, which has a similar design, does not appear to have this problem. As soon as I get my new tv I will put a posting on the forum indicating how I get on.

Alim,
Where from?
how much?
how long?

:D

Without meaning to be rude I'd rather not say where from. Price is about £2500. I'm waiting to hear when I will actually receive it. All I know is that it will be some time in November.

I just remembered to ask - Why cant you say where you are geting it from...

...Mr Bond

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom