1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just ordered a SP4805 - My wife is going to KILL me !!!!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Fjorko, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Fjorko

Fjorko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    But i couldn't help it.......at last i have taken the Projector plunge !! That is if you guys can still remember me from the AE300 days !! LOL

Guess what's waiting for me when i tell the missus ! :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: - Wish me luck - maybe she will like the picture quality !!! LOL

My stomache is turning now !!! :eek:

2. supadid

supadid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Congrats!

Where did you buy it from?

3. Fjorko

Fjorko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    From HiFiBitz (yeah i heard they were not the best out there, but...... oah well !!!! I like to create stress for myself !)

So would you say this is a good PJ ? Does that sound weird or WHAT - ?

4. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +941
    IMO it is a very good pj, i had the chance to view one the other week and was very tempted to get one but am sort of hanging on for a higher resolution, but i also really like the 4805.
    My fiance was on a course the other week and i was going to get one as she wouldnt have noticed the difference between that and my Z2.

I wouldnt worry about the wife no matter what she does, short of chopping your nads off :D it will be worth it.

5. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I reckon once she has watched a couple of films on it she will be eternally greatful!

My girlfriend does a lot of training and one friday night she happen to mention she had a pj in the boot of her car! I went out got it in connected it up with a composite cable and we watched a couple of movies. within 2 months we had both gone out and auditioned some pj's and both paid for the projector after clearing some old junk onto ebay!

She cant imagine films without it now.

I hope it's ok for ya!

Tone

6. Fjorko

Fjorko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    After considering again, i actually canceled the purchase of the 4805.......and just as well.....because.......

...having never noticed the Hitachi PJ-TX100 before, I found myself starting to read up about it on the forums and websites.

I must say, people that have seen or even own it, seem to like it a lot, and it isn't THAT expensive either, plus it's built quality looks Great AND it's lamps are cheap to replace compared to other models !

Another Plus for me is that it has a very short throw lens, which i will need cuase i will not sit too far from the screen

Now i know it has been asked before - but would you buy the TX100 over the 4805 ? :confused:

Cheers
    :hiya:

7. swskevantlin

swskevantlin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I received my 4805 two days ago and i am absolutley gobsmacked. Th pq is 10/10 on dvd (denon 290) and 7/10 on sky plus.

I demoed the 5700 and to be honest i cant tell any difference (i am sure there is one) but for the price difference there was nothing that was worth twice the price.

I think the 4805 has caught up a long way to the 5700, and is well worth the £1300 i paid for it (including 10m component and screen from creative audio)

Just one quick comment about creative audio: i have bought all my home cinema equipment from them and have found them nothing short of perfect. not only are there prices rock bottom but their service is first class. I have no hesitation in recomending them.

8. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +941
    Having viewed a 4805 for about 30mins or so, i have still yet to go back with some of my own dvds, my next pj purchase is definitely going to be one of the new crop of dlps.

With this pj the eyestrain that i had when viewing the H56 was not there at all, just imo a very good picture with a great sense of depth. I currently own a lcd pj which is a Z2 and as much as i like it i am definitely getting dlp next time, hopefully with the same panel resolution.

The only problem with the 4805 is the longish throw (longish for my set up that is) but i would personally have this over a lcd projector.