1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just ordered a Sharp LC32GD1

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Krysstel, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Krysstel

Krysstel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    After 6 mnths thinking about it, reading various forums etc, I've finally made the first purchase on the way to my first home cinema system. :clap:
    I'm planning a system based around an HTPC with NEC DVD as film source with video signal to the TV via DVI and audio signal to a Yamaha RX-V650 receiver via SPDIF. The PC will probably have a Sapphire Radeon 9600XT Atlantis 256MB graphic card.

As a complete beginner, jumping straight from stereo amp and CD-player, I'll probably have countless questions when everything's in place, but what I'm initally worried about is picture size. With a DVI connection from the PC graphic card am I going to get 1366x768 with plug-and-play or will I have to do more; powerstrip etc ? And what is powerstrip !?

Also, has anyone any comments about using a PC-DVD as film source ? I'm planning to keep my NAD CD as music source but am not against ditching it if a freestanding DVD player is a better idea.

Any thoughts and/or comments would be much appreciated. :)

2. Black Custard

Black Custard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Kyrsstel..

You have ordered a great set there, I hope that you are very happy with it. :)
    When you connect up your PC to the screen you are not going to get 1366 x 768 resolution, by all accounts you are going to end up with something like 1280 x 768, leaving you with black lines down the side of the screen.
    To solve this issue you need to get yourself a piece of software called Powerstrip http://entechtaiwan.net/util/ps.shtm which will allow you to tinker with the display settings and achieve a resolution very close to that of the screen. :thumbsup:
    When you get your screen and are setting it up, you will find there are many on the forum who have set up powerstrip, and who will also be able to give you some guidance with the LCD settings should you require it..
    Good luck and happy viewing :D :D