1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just ordered a samsung SP50L7HX

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by indie24, Mar 26, 2005.

1. indie24

indie24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    :) I went into comet and ordered the samsung. I must say it looked simply brilliant. I had cancelled my tosh 46" order at the same time due to the sammy reducing its price by £500.00. I think this set is beautiful. i looked at it for any faults and i couldnt find any. Im not saying its perfect but its good enough for me. They were showing the england match by rf feed and i actually stayed for 60 mins watching the game i was so impressed. I think i made the right choice. just cant wait to connect my pc and view some hi def material! :thumbsup: :clap: :devil:

2. digitize

digitize

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I own the Sagem50 but I am now in the process of helping a cousin choose a large-screen TV - he's convinced that DLP is the way to go. However, although the Samsung50 does look good, I'm just curious as to the absence of a good rack to stack all the components (DVD player, digibix, home cinema, etc.).

Is there any option for an additional stand or table? Where is it available?

To the Sammy owners, maybe you can post photos of your set to give prospective owners an idea.

technology works this way - immitate, integrate, innovate...

3. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great choice indi. I got the set myself. Only problem is the lack of bass from this set unless u get a all out sound system!!!!

4. indie24

indie24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    i already got a sony str db 790 6.1 receiver so im really looking forward to viewing films. also i got the little stand as well for free but i had to tell the guy in comet that other people got one free with theres and he was saying its extra until he checked on the computer and the price was £0.01 (ty[pical comet guy). the colours looked really impressive on the sammy and the skin tones looked excellent (one thing i was wary of). i thibk this forum is an excellent choice for research :)

5. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    a great little stand comes with the tv. You don't even need to put it together. Classy and made of glass.

6. indie24

indie24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    -yep very nice little stand. I REALLy cant wait to get my tv now, its coming on friday :eek: :rolleyes:

7. Bacus

Bacus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,297

what commet branch are you getting the sammy from ? i have looked on commet web site and i have not found then listing the sammy SP50L7HX at all !! :confused:

8. indie24

indie24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    from the yeading branch. they must be updating their website cos it was on there yesterday. sometimes they take tvs off the website maybe for 1 - 2 days to update. 2499 with small stand is the price they are selling them for. I think thats a very good price challenging with some online stores

9. Bacus

Bacus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,297
    What stand are they giving with it ? does it actually attach to the sammy main column ?

10. indie24

indie24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
  11. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,487
    I think they've sold out, they were out of stock for my area when I checked yesterday. Must have sold em quickly once they reduced the price!

Andy

12. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That stand comes as standard!!!! Cant belive they tryin gto flog is as separate!!

13. indie24

indie24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    i hope i will get mine, they were in stock when i went yesterday as i checked online and also at store. must of grabed the last few :) . i had to wait 3 1/2 weeks when i ordered my tosh dlp on last sat. they said it would be delivered 16 april. thank god samsung dropped their price so i bought that

14. eddievick

eddievick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good work mate, I've just ordered one too, I ended up getting mine from John Lewis, as they are offering an additional stand and a 5 year guarantee with it (OK so could have got it cheaper on unbeatable but 5 years of peace of mind is nice and got to be worth something) they were selling it for £3k but dropped it to £2450 after I mentioned that comet were doing it for £2500. I have to say I've not seen a Plasma that comes close none of the pixelation and problems with high speed pictures. Just sitting here in anticipation of it arriving now!!!

15. Bacus

Bacus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,297
    Push John Lewis some more....I get mine next monday (18th) from them and got it for £2200 !!!! What stand are they offering with your order ? :D

16. eddievick

eddievick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm getting the samsung, 3 shelf stand that matches the set. I tried pushing them to £2200 but they wouldn't bite, Will try again though as that was before I knew Costco were doing it. I was chancing my arm and trying to get them to match the internet price!

As for delivery, they are awaiting orders from Samsung and they are overdue so hopefully it's going to be sooner rather than later

17. eddievick

eddievick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sikenny, which John Lewis was it, Edinburgh flat refused, don't match costco due to the fact you are required to be a member. I still made them fill in the form and go off and check it for me. Thing is if you've already been given the OK the precident has been set. :devil: :devil:

18. Bacus

Bacus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,297
    I got mone through jl in reading, it gets delivered on monday :clap: :clap: They actually sent one of there staff to the coctco store in reading to comfirm the price ! Then they phoned me to comfirm the price match.

19. BillyTheDad

BillyTheDad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you think you could let me have your order number or something as Bluewater JL are refusing to match Costco.
    Maybe the name of the guy that sold it to you / price matched it for you.

Much appreciated.

20. Bacus

Bacus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,297
    I have not got the use of a scanner at the moment, but on monday i will give my recept to my good friend philip41, ill get him to copy it and post it up ok

21. BillyTheDad

BillyTheDad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0