Just ordered a Panny HS2 some questions

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Miles, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Miles

Miles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just done the deed and ordered a MuliRegion Panny HS2 after a few weeks of deliberation and convincing the wife it's a good idea :)

Have ordered from Digital-point £540. Can't wait for it to be delivered!

A question on set-up:

I have NTL Digital box and need to know how connections should be set-up correctly.

I'm presuming that I take 1 RGB scart from NTLBOX to HS2 and this will be AV2 and the other RGB scart to TV this will be AV1 and then RGB out from HS2 to second scart on TV.

Or in other words the same as I have now except the HS2 takes the place of the VHS??

Is this correct? Or is there another way?

2. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +148
    Dead right.

Just a mention that some of us, when using the HS2 in passthrough mode when the unit is swithched on experience lip synch problems. Doesn't happen when in standby, but can be irksome if you're watching what you're recording.

I did hear that later models may not suffer.

Rasczak is our resident expert on the HS2 - he may be more up to date than me.

3. jem

jem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    This depends on your TV and NTL. From what I remember only the TV out from the NTL box is RGB. Also, dependant on TV, only the first scart ( usually AV1 ) is usually RGB. If this is correct the set up you quote would only be allowing you to watch NTL and the HS2 in composite video. If your TV has two RGB scarts, ignore what I've just said.

Otherwise connect this way;

TV out from NTL - > AV2 on HS2
    TV out on HS2 - > AV1 on TV
    VCR out from NTL - > to AV2 on TV

This will allow you to watch NTL and the HS2 in RGB and also to watch NTL in composite when you are recording terrestial TV on the HS2 - the HS2 doesn't pass through the NTL signal when it is recording.