Just ordered a Panasonic TX32PD50c

daver555

Standard Member
Reaction score
My Brother works for them at the Bracknell HQ and they are having their staff Christmas sale which ends tomorrow (Monday). Just placed my order and the price...
£645.00 :smashin: Hopefully pick it up tuesday or wednesday, cant wait.

Has anyone got one and can tell me their thoughts on the unit???

Tight Git said:
Yes, indeed.

But are these brand new?

Or returns (from Forum members :laugh: ).

I've heard Sony have a few HQ100's on the cheap,source unknown :laugh:

maybe it's one of the three I returned faulty two years ago :D

sorry

It's brand spanking new from the warehouse and includes the stand too ;)

I have bought refurbished electrical items before and they have all been fine (so far). They come with the full warranty they were issued with when new and I get the servicing and repairs if necessary free as there only down the road from me.

I was looking at this model also butI am now slightly, if not very confused.

Looking at Panasonic website, the TX32PD30C and 50C are both listed at £1297.99, whereas the TX36PD30C and 50C are both listed at £1696.99 and £1896.99 respectively.

What are the main differences between the 30C and 50C?
Is it in the spec. or jusr release date?
How do I make sure what I'm looking at is the lates model and not last year's.

As you've probably noticed, I ain't got a clue so any advice appreciated.

Cheers.

Sorry to waste anyone's time looking at my questions, seems they've all been answered in earlier threads. I'll know better next time!

Advice would still be appreciated on the new pd50. I'm a sucker for good reviews and would have to toss a coin between the pd50 and the philips pw9509. The Loewe Nemos gets a good write up too but seems to be a bit ott with all the add ons.

Thx again.

Seanxb,

AFAIK the PD30 was last years (2003) model and the PD50 is this years (2004).

I would thoroughly recommend the PD50. It's a fantastic TV is so easy to tune etc.

I managed to squeeze it into the back of my Focus with the rear seats down (just) which I was pretty chuffed with :D

I also got a further discount when I collected the TV yesterday as the storeman couldnt find the stand to go with it and I will now have to wait for the new year until I get the stand. The nice part is that I paid £610 for the TV because of the inconvenience ;)

Seanxb said:
I was looking at this model also butI am now slightly, if not very confused.

Looking at Panasonic website, the TX32PD30C and 50C are both listed at £1297.99, whereas the TX36PD30C and 50C are both listed at £1696.99 and £1896.99 respectively.

What are the main differences between the 30C and 50C?
Is it in the spec. or jusr release date?
How do I make sure what I'm looking at is the lates model and not last year's.

As you've probably noticed, I ain't got a clue so any advice appreciated.

Cheers.
Looking at the specifications, the main differences between the "30" and the "50" is cosmetically, the "50" has a black frontage compared to the "30's" silver frontage, but the main difference is the tube, which in the PD50 is their Quintrix SR2 (updated SR) which I believe is shallower allowing the depth of the set to be slightly reduced.(36PD30 = 644mm deep, the new 36PD50 = only 590mm deep) All other specs the same, including weight.

Well, I have to say that my new PD50C is fantastic. The Panasonic Auto function in the aspect ratio menu can play-up a bit when watching terestrial TV as it switches from a widescreen picture (black bands at top and bottom) to a full screen (effectively zommed in) intermittently but apart from that I thoroughly recommend anyone in the market for a 32" widescreen to get one.

After a little while you'll stop noticing the auto-switch between aspect modes.

You'll only notice it when you have visitors, and they ask "What happened then? The screen just jumped or something", then after a second or two you'll realise what they're on about and tell them what it was.

I measured the depth of a 36" PD50 in the shop and it is identical to the 36" PD30.
Is the Panasonic website telling porkies?
Anyone else measured theirs and found a difference?
My PD50 arrives tomorow.

Simcom,

Let us know how it is please as I am considering this set or Sony 32DX200 or Toshiba 32Zp46P. Is the PD50 switchable (via remote and normal menu) between 100HZ, 100Hz digital plus (or whatever it's called), 75Hz-8313 and 50hz Progressive like the PD30 was? Which is best for fast movign shots re smearing and pixelation?

I used to have a PD30 but am now exchanging it for a PD50 (32"). From shop@panasonic including 5 years parts/labour, collect & return + loan set guarantee. Have given up with online retailers - going to a real shop! Collecting it tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing if there are any improvements over the PD30. The PD30 prefered 100Hz for fast moving white snooker balls. According to the new Panasonic catalogue (2004-05) the two models (old & new) are exactly the same size, with identical technical specs.

Playing around with the settings last night and my TV runs significantly better when set to Progressive when watching Sky Digital. Before it was set to 100hz as per default settings and the most noticeable time to compare the settings is in the Sky menu with the different categorey list. In 100hz mode the text would appear to almost shimmer with a slight ghosting to the letters and numbers. When switched to progressive everything is crystal clear.

The above might be obvious to some but all this choice is new to me so still learning :D

Does you Virtual Dolby make much difference when playing DVD's. I switch between ON and OFF with my PD50 and really can't tell the difference in the sound.

Simcom, I can make out a slight difference between them but I have a JVC TH-V70R cinema system hooked up to the TV when I want the surround sound experience (which the JVC does very very well)

Had mine a week - very pleased although dark pictures are very black even with the contrast whacked up.

Anyone else have this?

Jimbo22, just a thought but have you been into the picture menu where you have the choice between warm / cool / normal / cinema? I think thats where they are and the choice? I noticed that when switched to cinema the picture does become very dark indeed.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom