1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just ordered a Panasonic FZ10.

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Toekiller, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Toekiller

Toekiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. mij

mij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +605
    I recently read a review on this and am interested, could you let me know what you think after some use, and how much is it.

mij

3. Jayde

Jayde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Toekiller

Toekiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. Jayde

Jayde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wow ! nice job on pics altho i cant see the col fringing prints..the Leica lens and 12x zoom drew me in more i read the more i wanted one, $ helped, he he LC43 is damn nice too..
    btw i recognise that place (no 2) s/west lol
    have fun tho .. i will :)
    cheers.. i post some

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,045
    Just been to look at your photos but get Invalid thread specified . Is it still there or have you to be a member to see them.

7. matiano

matiano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had the FZ10 for a while and still think its a smashing camera. Value for money wise its unbeatable IMO, the lens is superb and the manual features are so easy to use for a digital camera! My favourite thing is still the manual focus ring, its just so perfectly responsive. I will try and post some pics up, although figuring out image hosting has never been my strength!

I use the zoom less than I anticpated, unless I am 'tripodding it'. Considering the wide angle converter, although am gonna have to weigh it up as £250 is a lot of money for a marginally wider image! Will have to wait and see on that one. As u say it thrives outdoors, and I would reccomend investing in a 72mm polarising filter as it enhances what is already a cracking image.

I have the black body, the silver body is unusually harder to get hold of in this country, but I preferred the black anyway fortunately!

I am also getting the invalid link thing??

8. Toekiller

Toekiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  9. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,045
    Thanks for the link to your photos Toekiller.

Toekiller.and matiano.
    I’m thinking of saving up for one been looking at a number of cameras ad this one seems to fit all my criteria. I use to be an avid amateur photograph but got fed up of trundling all my equipment round with me and running out of film. I have a Canon AE1 in black at the time the silver was cheaper, professional use black, one reason is less chances of stray reflected light (from the silver).

10. matiano

matiano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Certainly worth a look Garett, if u have any questions drop me a PM as I have had it for quite a while and pretty much know the ins and outs now!

What others were you considering, as there isnt a huge amount that offerst the same in a similar price bracket, fine by me though as I am delighted with the results!

11. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,045
    Thought of looking at the Nikon 8700 but if I went for that it would mean putting of for yet an other year upgrading my surround processor. :(

12. matiano

matiano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is a very pleasant camera though, entirely different kettle of fish though to the Panasonic. Most noticeably when it comes to price. ALthough 8mp can only be a good thing and it does feel nice in the hadn, much prefer the manual side of the Panasonic but would still opt for the Nikon if I had that money!

13. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,045
    Thanks for the info. I’m a bit over all over the show which to choose, I really would like the 8700 but I was wondering if I would use it as much as a smaller camera say the Olympus 765, which I could slip in my jacket pocket and take it out with me on my walks all the time, rather then the 8700 which I think I would only take out when I knew I wanted to take something in particular. I do like the quality of a movie clip I saw on the 8700 here.

14. Toekiller

Toekiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  15. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,045
  16. matiano

matiano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are seriously considering the 8700, I would have a look at the other 8mp cameras on the market, particularly the Olympus C8080 as I personally find I get on better with the Olympus.

The C764 is an outstanding little camera, but as you say an entirely different kettle of fish to the 8700. Im afradi only you can decide what circumstances you will be using your camera :laugh: I would get down your local Jessops and have a play around with the 765, the Panasonic and the 8700, then at least you may have an idea for what 'class' of camera you are after!

17. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,045
    I would probably confuse them more than I’ am. :confused: :D
    The trouble with the 8080 is that it is based around it being wide angle where as one of the reasons I want to go digital is to dispense with lugging my 70-210 zoom lens around with me.
    An other I may consider is the Pentax 555.