Just ordered a KV-36FS76 but I am a little unsure now :(

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by jkuy9, Dec 9, 2002.

1. jkuy9

jkuy9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am worried that I might have purchased the wrong TV for me :(

I was thinking of getting the Toshiba 32ZT29(B) but there was no where I could see it to play with it (no where that I could get to easily).

I was just playing with the Sony KV-36FS76 and I did like it however it has got a lower picture and sound rating on the Comet website. I don't know if I should cancel the order or not :(

Can someone help me please?

2. mh66639

mh66639
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well.. apart from the slight buzzing {thats another story} the FS76 is AMAZING picture-wise.

I don't think you could get much better with a CRT.

Sound...not sure I use my AMP/speakers. Shouldn't really matter much for NICAM...you can always add a decent AMP/speakers at a later date.

Matt.

3. jkuy9

jkuy9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Thanks for the vote of confidence regarding the tv.
    The sound is sorted, i hope, as i have order the S550 which looked and sounded nice in store. I looked at the C770 and the S880 but they didnt really offer anything i would really use (C770 is just the S550 with 5 disc changer which i would never use and the S880 just has speakers which are talls so you dont need stands), other than that there is no difference, from what i can tell, to the sound, so i went with the cheap option as it sounded and looked good. I am having it made multi region by them also.

I have read so many different reviews and opinions about different TVs there is no TV i really want, I want a hybrid of several! I think the Sony will be good enough for me, the picture looked good and it sounded nice. Shame I dont have a Sky Digital with Optical Out :(

4. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,170
    .....oooooh, the comet rating system - sorry for that sarcasm, but i think this looks like it was dreamed up by some marketing guy, aimed at 'the family' who waltz into the retail parks on a sunday afternoon.

btw - i've seen the sony in action, and i also think you've made the right choice.

dean

5. alim

alim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the Comet rating system is based on reviews in one of the monthly mags. I reckon the FS76 has a great picture. If I rememeber correctly where the Toshiba excels is in the fact it supports component video and this can give a better picture from DVDs.