just orderd a pio VSX-1015

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by rhino2k, Mar 15, 2006.

1. rhino2k

rhino2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,282
    will let you know what i think when i have it here setup, i know one other person besides me was very interested :)

2. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You will not be dissapointed. I went "down" from a Denon 3805 to one of these and have never looked back.
    If I have one caveat mind...the auto setup sets the volume of individual about 10db below ref level. I find that running the auto setup and then adjusting each channel with a SPL metre so they are at ref level does the trick. Otherwise, I'm listening at ref level (according to the amp) and it's not ref level - IYSWIM...

3. rhino2k

rhino2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,282
    yes i did read this, the 915 reviewed in the last HCC mentioned it :)

surely if you just up every channel say 10db it will still be calibrated correctly though, unless you cant of course :rolleyes:

anyhow, i will never have it full volume anyway, sure it will be a big improvement over my VSX-C301 :D

thanks for letting me know it's good though mate :smashin:

4. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't mess with the levels unless you have a metre TBH mate. If you're fairly local, you're more than welcome to have a loan of mine. Setting it to ref level does really make a difference...

5. rhino2k

rhino2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,282
    thanks for the offer mate, if i have any probs i may take you up on it :smashin:

i have a feeling it will be much louder than i need though, just want the improved sound it should offer over the 301. the 301 can make a serious racket :D

6. rhino2k

rhino2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,282
    BUGGER, 2 days later they tell me it's out of stock, and nobody has stock in the uk as far as they know. (lots of sites were).

so gotta wait 2 weeks now, just got some real nice banana plugs too, nevermind :(