Just one Iron Man...

frazk

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I really want a Hot Toys Iron Man! I'll probably only ever buy one though so I want to make sure it's a good one.
I've not got loads of money to spare so ideally I'd like something around the £150 mark.
I do really like the Hulk Buster! That one was way over my budget, I think, but I could be tempted! Is that one sold out now though?
I noticed Zavvi have the mark 17 for £160. I'm guessing that ones not very highly regarded since it's not sold out already?
Has anyone any other suggestions of others I should keep an eye out for? I definitely want one of the red/gold coloured ones.
Thanks, Fraz

[QUOTE="frazk, post: 22035274, member: 526098"
I noticed Zavvi have the mark 17 for £160. I'm guessing that ones not very highly regarded since it's not sold out already?
Has anyone any other suggestions of others I should keep an eye out for? I definitely want one of the red/gold coloured ones.
Thanks, Fraz[/QUOTE]

Heartbreaker is a great looking armour, if you want a more classic looking Iron Man it may be worth waiting for the Mk45 from Age of Ultron

I love my Mk17 Heartbreaker, however he's not the definitive Iron Man for me. If you're only going to have one then most people say the Mk7 however that will be hard to find at your price point. As Inked said, the Mk45 will be a good one but if it's anything like the Mk43 release it will be expensive.

Personally I'd say hold out to see how much the Mk45 is at release and judge the situation from there.

I love my Mk17 Heartbreaker, however he's not the definitive Iron Man for me. If you're only going to have one then most people say the Mk7 however that will be hard to find at your price point. As Inked said, the Mk45 will be a good one but if it's anything like the Mk43 release it will be expensive.

Personally I'd say hold out to see how much the Mk45 is at release and judge the situation from there.

That's the only reason I didn't mention the Mk7, I know I'd want around £265 to £275 for mine (as I have the corrected helmet too).
With just the original helmet they go for around £240 to £250 still.

I think the popularity of the 7 is based on it's performance in the Avengers and also the accessories but surely if someone was after a definitive look of IM then the diecast mk3 is the option? Still available for PO.

I think the popularity of the 7 is based on it's performance in the Avengers and also the accessories but surely if someone was after a definitive look of IM then the diecast mk3 is the option? Still available for PO.

Yeah I'd agree with that actually, is it only available from Sideshow for PO now?

Yeah I see what you guys mean about the die cast mark 3!
Just had a look on sideshow and they're no longer taking pre-orders, there's just a waiting list.
Forbidden planet appear to have it, I think that's the right one?

Thanks guys I've preordered the mk3 from GB&R!
I also saw a couple of places to PO the Hulk Buster, must resist!!

CDUK is the best place to order the HB as it's £600 (for registered customers) and you can pay in monthly instalments to make it easy to pay for (sorry).

Noticed today that CDUK have the Iron Man Igor in stock for £330 delivered. It's quite a bit more than I'm normally willing to pay for one figure but this thing is a beast and would look amazing in my detolf !

Soooo tempting. Somebody put me off ;)

CDUK is the best place to order the HB as it's £600 (for registered customers) and you can pay in monthly instalments to make it easy to pay for (sorry).
Ohh man don't temp me!!
But I may as well take a look eh... Who's CDUK??

I'm already in for HB on CDUK - anyone else?

I'm sorely tempted to switch my Mk43 for the HB now I've seen AoU, it was by far the best armour of the lot!

Thanks guys I've preordered the mk3 from GB&R!
I also saw a couple of places to PO the Hulk Buster, must resist!!
Great choice. I only want one ironman and I can't make ins mind up yet but the mk3 die cast is still at the top

I'm glad to see so many agree this is the one I should be going for.
I'm sorely tempted to get the HB especially seeing I can pay it off as little or as much as I like each month. It's no wonder so many of you buy so many! Lol.
Going to wait for the mk3 to arrive first though and actually see it in person before making that decision.
Will I get crucified off any of you if I say I intend to take it out of the box and display it without it being in one of those glass cabinets most of you seem to have?

It'll look 10 times better in hand that it does in the pics - that's been true of every figure I've ever bought. You'll love it.

Will I get crucified off any of you if I say I intend to take it out of the box and display it without it being in one of those glass cabinets most of you seem to have?
No way, I don't have one of those poncy cabinets, I keep mine in the garden!

OK that was a lie but they aren't in a cabinet, I move them around the cave regularly: on my desk, on a book case, on shelves, everywhere. It's better to keep them dust free (even though that won't be as much of an issue with an IM figure) and definitely out of sunlight.

It'll look 10 times better in hand that it does in the pics - that's been true of every figure I've ever bought. You'll love it.

No way, I don't have one of those poncy cabinets, I keep mine in the garden!

OK that was a lie but they aren't in a cabinet, I move them around the cave regularly: on my desk, on a book case, on shelves, everywhere. It's better to keep them dust free (even though that won't be as much of an issue with an IM figure) and definitely out of sunlight.
Haha poncy cabinets!
I intend on keeping mine on the fire place in full view. Have to see what it's like when it actually arrives but I think it's going to look and fit really well there, can't wait!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom