1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just off to fetch my subs from BAX...

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by owain_thomas, Nov 5, 2004.

1. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Just got back in from holiday (ironically in america, although I don't think that BMI would have been too happy about the baggage allowance if I tried to sneak a couple of these things back as well as my normal stuff). Very jetlagged but I think I'll have to go and get the subs before I go to bed as I can't wait any longer.

I've got to say that BAX have been the most helpful courier company I've dealt with yet, theres a guy called Karl at their manchester depot who I've been speaking to who's sounded like he knows what he's talking about and like he actually cares about what his customers think. He even offered to help me get them home if they don't fit properly in the car. I could have them delivered but not sure they could do it today and I'm back in work on monday so I thought it would be easier to go fetch them myself as it's only around the corner.

Just had a look at the credit card bill and the grand total for the two subs comes to £421.71 incl delivery plus another £110 at this end for duty, VAT and the courier's charges. Which makes a pretty impressive £265 all in per sub :D :D :D

Any way, I'll post back with some pics when I get mine unpacked.

Owain

2. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    Hope you have a big car the box is huge.

3. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    You're not kidding are you. Only managed to get one home yesterday, going back today to get the other. unfortunately jetlag hit in before I could really try the sub out, just a quick bit of finding nemo was all I really tried.

the sub looks a lot bigger in the flesh than when you measure it out with a tape doesn't it? Probably to do with how its such a solid black slab, really does feel very well put together, unbelievable really for £265.

more later.

Owain

4. cwoj

cwoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cant wait to get mine...