1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just need some expert buying advice

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Aviator, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Aviator

Aviator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys - I have been scanning this forum for a week or so now and I take my hat off to you all - well run, great threads and the knowledge - impressive. Working in the USA, soon to return to the UK and in need of revamp to a/v setup.

Simple soul at heart, just a nice TV - freeview - and a Home Cinema, probably an all in one.

TV mainly - DVDs (R1 and 2) next. Need a 32", a nice picture and good DVD playback PAL and NTSC.

Grateful for experience and advice - more I read the more I get immersed and to be honest often confused.

The TV will need to be able to play back NTSC (R1 DVDs) as well as PAL (R2 DVDs)

I think the Panasonic (multiregion) seems to fit the bill and then the TV - oh the TV.

Started thinking of a Philips 9618 - looked good and then found this forum -! seems to be a lot of discontent out there with Philips, very interested in any counter views to the poor tube / lousy reliability philosophy.

Other TVs in the frame - Panasonic PD30 and the Sony XXX150.

Sorry to harp on an oft trodden path, but I do need to ask you guys for your help once more - three choices - one budget. requirements above, which one do I buy.

Cheers - Aviator.

2. GlennP

GlennP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I was you I'd try and get a retailer to do a package deal on the Tosh 32ZP38 TV which has 5.1 sound and the Tosh SD330 DVD player.